Monday, January 20, 2014

#CoverHo: Best Winter Covers

The illustrious Jennifer, from Bookalicious Mama, and I are back with more #CoverHo goodness for 2014! In this installment, we're looking at our favorite winter book covers. Oddly enough, I struggled HARDCORE with this task! Suddenly it seemed like I'd never owned a cover with anything wintry on it! Have I owned anything wintry? Hmmphf.

Here we go!

This Australian edition of The Book Thief is one of my favorites. The winter scene is serene, but the blood spatters add plenty of ominousness to this cover. 

I come back to illustrated covers time and time again, and The Snow Child, by Eowyn Ivey, is no exception. This one is happily sitting on my shelves. Maybe the only winter cover I own!

And again with the illustrated covers. While I wasn't blown away by the plot of Soonchild, by Russell Hoban, I did love the illustrations...this cover included. 

And perhaps it's the color scheme of this Penguin English Library The Tenant of Wildfell Hall, by Anne Bronte, that really screams WINTER for me. I have no idea if winter is a part of this book. But I'll find out later this year when I read it. 

And because we need some color in this group, BAM! I Am Half-Sick of Shadows, by the illustrious Alan Bradley. This vivid, slightly eerie cover of the fourth book is one I can't wait to own. Gotta finish the third book first (or so I tell myself). 

Now help me out...what are some of YOUR favorite winter covers? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

Images by Freepik