Thursday, January 16, 2014

I have an e-book problem.

This is a timely post since Trish from Love, Laughter and a Touch of Insanity recently posted about her "Invisible Shelves" and the problem of reading (or not reading) e-books!

Sigh. I discovered the Kindle Daily Deals. Ok, that's not exactly true. I've known about Kindle Daily Deals, and the Nook Daily Find, and even Kobo's special daily whatever. But I've always forgotten to check them daily. But then, suddenly, I remembered, and all hell broke loose on my Nook. To the effect of 9 new books in the past month or so.

  • Wildwood by Collin Meloy
  • Doctor Sleep by Stephen King
  • We Need New Names by NoViolet Bulawayo
  • Ade by Rebecca Walker
  • Among the Janeites by Deborah Yaff
  • Rivers by Michael Farris Smith
  • NOS4A2 by Joe Hill
  • 20th Century Ghosts by Joe Hill
  • The Accursed by Joyce Carol Oates
Luckily for me and my hulking stacks, there hasn't been much I've wanted to buy since the new year. I have to read these first! On the whole, I don't feel too guilty about indulging in new e-books, if only because I am constantly reading them and working through that invisible stack. Since I always have a nighttime e-book on the go, I make respectable progress. But only if I resist adding new books!

What have you acquired for your e-reader lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

Images by Freepik