- Read Possession, by A.S. Byatt for book club
- Read The Woman in White for #WilkieWinter discussion (won't finish 'til February, per discussion outline)
- Finish Hunger by Knut Hamsun for International Reads
- Finish The Diviners by Libba Bray, for Jazz Age January
- Finish The Devil in Silver by Victor LaValle, a buddy read with Capricious Reader
That doesn't sound like a whole lot, except for the fact that most of the books are 400-500 pages long. Oops! Hunger is a short one at closer to 100 pages. We'll see how this shakes out.
This weekend, I put my focus on two books...
The Devil in Silver is a truly horrible and ridiculous cover. Ain't no #coverho love for this one. But when I first mentioned wanting to read more diversely in 2014, Heather suggested this one. It's an odd mix of literary thriller and...stuff...by an author of color. Huzzah! It's gotten some good critical attention (reviewed by Joe Hill in the NYTimes!), and so far I'm really enjoying it. I'm about 160 pages in of 400 pages. I will definitely finish it this week because it's a super fast read so far.
And The Woman in White is no big mystery. Well, it's no big mystery that I'm reading it. While I didn't officially sign up, I used the Classics Club Read-a-Thon this weekend as inspiration to dig into the book. I'm about 120 pages in so far, and I'm enjoying it, too.
This week is Bout of Books, so I'll be focusing my attentions on finishing up The Devil in Silver and starting Possession. I'll be steadily pacing myself through The Woman in White and writing discussion posts as I go along.
Wish me luck!
What did you read this weekend? What's on tap for the week?
|Join in, why don't ya?|