Sunday, January 19, 2014

The Sunday Salon...at 4am.

Sigh. I slept peacefully from 10:00pm to 2:00am. And then I woke up. And I have a sore throat. And I got up to take meds and now I'm awake awake. Hopefully I'll fall back to sleep after I write this and sleep until some scandalous hour...like 9:00!

It's been a really good reading week 'round these parts.


I finished up A Natural History of Dragons, by Marie Brennan. I already have the review for that one written and scheduled. 

And I picked up Dept. of Speculation, by Jenny Offill. Shannon at River City Reading loved this one, and I was jonesing for a short book, so I busted through this one right quick. It's something special and an incredibly quick read at only about 100 pages. Can't wait to review it!


Now I'm on to Oracle Night, by Paul Auster. It's one of the books I put on my Winter TBR, and it's one of the books that's lived on my stacks the longest (10+ years?). So far, so good. In fact, since it's still the middle of the night, I think I'll pick it back up and see if Auster can make me sleepy. 

And since we have a long weekend in the US for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day on Monday, I hope to get a lot more reading done! I'm also still creeping through The Woman in White, by Wilkie Collins. I'm enjoying it, but I'm also savoring it....not bothering to get in too big a rush. 

What are your plans this lovely Sunday? Reading anything I should know about? 

Post your own and join us in the Facebook group!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik