Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Literary Love: I Love Brandon Dorman (Illustrator Spotlight)

Add your own Literary Love 2014 links at the end of this post!
Brandon Dorman might be slightly taken aback if he saw the title of this post since he wouldn't know me if I bit him in the armpit, but he's one of my very favorite illustrators of children's books. He's one of my favorite illustrators period! I've discussed the incredibly gorgeous, Halloween Night, here before, so I thought it was high time I spotlighted some of Dorman's other work.

From Pirates of the Sea.

From The Wizard.

From Pingo.

All of these images are from Brandon Dorman's super awesome website where you can see a LOT more images than this. There's also a sneaky peek into his sketchbook, and you can follow his blog!


13 comments:

  1. I've never heard of him before, but just from these few examples I can totally understand your adoration! Off to his site to see more...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's so undersung! His art is amazing.

      Delete
  2. Do you make it a habit of biting people you know in the armpit? Because now I'm worried you are going to greet me at the airport with a nibble. lol

    Dorman's work is gorgeous! How have I never heard of him???? This distresses me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I shall tell you nothing. No, actually that's a play on a line from The Runaway Bride. Love me some Julia Roberts. Your kids NEEEED Halloween Night.

      Delete
  3. It's no wonder why he's your favorite illustrator! I've never heard of him and his work is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! I'm totally in love. The perspective in his drawings is often odd or non-traditional, and I just LOVE it.

      Delete
  4. Those illustrations are awesome! I'm not too familiar with illustrators as a whole, but I look forward to learning the ins and outs eventually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they? Maybe I can dig up some more to share!

      Delete
  5. Great art! I never have much reason to pay attention to illustrators, but I did take a course that covered it back in university.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's cool! I bet that was a fun course.

      Delete
  6. How cool! I think if I had to "love" an illustrator, it'd be Quentin Blake (Roald Dahl's guy!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I now love this guy because he draws a great shark :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, I like his work a lot! These are so cute :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik