Monday, March 31, 2014

It's a BIG DAY!

It's a big, fun day, y'all! Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon READER sign-ups are open!!! And did you notice our new look? Heather did a fantastic job with a new layout and header to freshen the place up!

We've made a concerted effort to put some changes in place as a result of October's reader survey. For instance, we're trying to streamline and strengthen the cheerleading component to help our behind-the-scenes volunteers AND our readers get the most out of the event. I've shared more in today's Reader Sign-Up Vlog!

In other news, I FINALLY found a book that seems to be "sticking." I've had such a terrible time deciding on my latest book(s). Right now I'm enthralled with Beloved, by Toni Morrison. I've been wanting to re-read for a while now, and when someone dropped it off in our "little free library" in our break room, I snapped it up! 

I'm also reading The Name of the Wind, by Patrick Rothfuss, along with Heather. This one is longer and more of a commitment, but I'm excited to dive headlong into it. I don't want to anger the reading gods, though, so I'll probably focus on finishing Beloved first. 

Hosted by the illustrious Sheila from BookJourney!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

Images by Freepik