Monday, March 24, 2014

It's Monday. That's All.

Another wacky weekend is complete, and I'm glad to be back at work so I can get some rest!

I currently "teach" a leadership class in this here university town. I went through the course last year and was asked to step up to the plate as a leader for this year. One of the mandatory activities for this class is to go through a ropes challenge course. You might remember, I got engaged the night of the course last year, so it was fun to go back this year and report that we just got married. While it was a really amusing, rewarding day...it was longggg. Up at 4am, and I pulled back into the driveway at 9pm.

Hard at work! 
Sunday was still busy, but more relaxing. David spent Saturday and part of Sunday building four square-foot garden boxes for our backyard. He put the finishing touches on those Sunday morning, we took my mom out for a fabulous Cajun lunch, and then we tried out our new Kitchenaid mixer by whipping up a lemon pound cake. And there might've been a nap in there, too.

 

I'm also happy to report that sloooowwwwlyyyy but surely, my reading mojo is making its return. I am a mere five pages from finishing Other Voices, Other Rooms, by Truman Capote, and unless something really unexpected and wonky happens, I can say that I've REALLY enjoyed it.

I'll probably try to knock off Chew: International Flavor (volume 2) today. Next up? I need to read The Light Between Oceans, by M.L. Stedman for book club, but I don't know if I'm going to be able to finish it up or make the meeting on Thursday (sad face!).

I'm also itching to jump back into The Enchanted by Rene Denfield. And I'm reading The House Girl, by Tara Conklin, with Heather and for Katie's Fellowship of the Worms.


What a scramble of books! No wonder I'm having a hard time focusing on one over the others. They're all off to great starts, and I've just gotta get myself back into the groove. :) Good problem to have! 

I hope you're all having a fantastic Monday and that your week treats you right! 

Hosted by Sheila of BookJourney!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik