Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Once Upon a Time VIII


YOU GUYS! It's time for another of my favorite yearly reading events. It totally snuck up on me this year, but it's ONCE UPON A TIME VIII! Hosted by Carl of Stainless Steel Droppings and RIP fame, the Once Upon a Time "Challenge" is also the cat's pajamas. The spring ones with the whimsy.

The event runs March 21-June 21 and covers four broad categories: fairy tale, folklore, fantasy, and mythology. I have scads of books that fit into these categories, and I'm going to try to read five of them. That means I fall into...


In my head that sounded very much like movie preview voiceovers with just the slightest bit of dramatic echo. Huzzah! 

Here are some of the books I'm considering:



Lord knows I have plenty of others to choose from, but these are at the tippy top of my list (right now). 

Have you read any of these? Are you planning to participate? 




13 comments:

  1. Cool--I'm doing this one, too! The Karen Russell looks like a fun choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so! I read the first story a while back and wasn't feeling the pull of short stories, so I hope I can get into it this time.

      Delete
  2. Name of the Wind.....so good!

    I'm doing this challenge too, and I have managed to finish the first book already!! Go me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I can't wait to read The Name of the Wind! I snuck a few pages the other day and was mesmerized!

      Delete
  3. The Name of the Wind is brilliant -I'd highly recommend. I can't wait for the next in the series to come out. I've been meaning to read several of the others, so I'm intrigued to see what you choose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to hear it! I can't wait to dive in.

      Delete
  4. Well I loved three of these, so I heartily approve. Because my opinion matters SO MUCH. lol

    But I am delighted to see those three on there! I need to read some Karen Russell. Glen Duncan kind of scares me though....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Duncan is scary, but I need to finish this dang book. It's been "hanging out there" for a while now. You opinion DOES MATTER SO MUCH~!

      Delete
  5. I haven't read any of these yet but Howl's Moving Castle is on my "one day" list. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for Howl's Moving Castle!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I missed a couple of years but am in again this year and very excited. I enjoyed Howl's Moving Castle a lot, and the film as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally loved The Name of The Wind! Sounds like a fun event. Good luck with reaching your goal.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I normally post a 'pool' of possibilities, but I am having a hard time getting into a groove lately.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik