Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Personally: I Get to Meet My Best Friend

I get to meet my best friend tomorrow. I know that sounds totally weird, but it's true.

Back in 2001, I joined Yahoo book discussion groups. Pretty soon I was chatting away with other book lovers for the first time in my life, and I was totally enamored of this really cool girl that read a lot of cool books and who was into graphic design and stuff. That's right, kids. I thought Heather from Capricious Reader was too cool for school. And we kind of shared a brain and liked all the same stuff.

Pretty soon she was having babies and still chatting books. And then I was having failed relationship drama and moving back and forth across the country. We were working on Estella's Revenge together, and sending Christmas presents. And she was tired of her job. And I was having a second adolescence in grad school. Then she was settled with growing kiddos. I was still a loose cannon. And we took over Dewey's 24-Hour Read-a-Thon. Then she was canning and farmers marketing, and I was beginning to get my bearings.

Now it's 13 years later and we finally get to meet, and she'll be my Matron of Honor. We've shopped online together. We've brainstormed. We've planned. And I am truly HONORED that she and her hubs agreed to fly halfway across the country, hang out with us, and help David and I celebrate our wedding day.

Heather has heard it all these last 13 years. We've chatted or Facebooked or emailed or texted so many of the last 4,745 days we've known each other.

I am so so so blessed to have a best friend like Heather. It's about darn time we met. 

Trying not to cry NOW. 
And I'm CRYING while I write this post. We are TOAST at the airport tomorrow! If you don't already follow me on Instagram, do. You'll get a first look at our meeting and all the trouble we can get into over the next four days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

Images by Freepik