Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Wedding Week: An Escape from Reality!

Hello to all of you fabulous Estella's Revenge readers! I'm Rebecca from Love at First Book, where I blog book reviews and bookish things with a smattering of lifestyle/DIY/green living. Andi's in full on wedding/honeymoon mode, and I'm honored to be posting on Estella's Revenge! Today I have some great books to help you escape from various aspects of life, something that Andi might need upon her return back from wedding bliss!

Books to help you escape via Love at First Book

Escape from Reality

Books to help you escape 

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern (my review and Andi's) is a beautifully written book, full of subtlety and description. The Night Circus comes to towns abruptly and leaves the same way, with the hint of magic surrounding the circus.

Escape to a Foreign Land

Books to help you escape 

Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See is one of my favorite stories about friendship (and foot binding) in China. When Lily and Snow Flower are paired as laotongs in a lifelong sisterhood, their friendship and misunderstandings drive this story and pull at your heartstrings.

Escape from Humanity

Books to help you escape 

 A Dog's Purpose by W. Bruce Cameron is told from a dog's perspective, and takes you on the journey of one dog through many reincarnated lives. He's searching for his purpose. . . will he ever find it? Dog lovers beware, this book requires a box of tissues, but it's worth it!

Escape from the Pressures of Conformity (for the kiddos of the world)
Books to help you escape

Stand Tall, Molly Lou Melon by Patty Lovell is a children's book that I used to read to my students (elementary age) when I was a teacher. It's amazing, and all about how Molly Lou Melon is a unique kid, who, when faced with light bullying, is proud of her differences and turns them into positives.
What books do you think make great escape reads?


Thanks, Rebecca! I think some books are headed to my wishlist! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

Images by Freepik