Tuesday, April 15, 2014

#CoverHo: Spring Cover Picks

The #coverhos are back again! Jennifer from Book-alicious Mama and myself are presenting you some our fave spring covers. Now, what do we mean by that? Spring releases? Covers that remind us of spring? YES!


Both Sous Chef: 24 Hours on the Line, by Michael Gibney and The Vacationers, by Emma Straub, are spring releases, and I loooove these covers. The chunky script and vivid orange of Sous Chef were perfect for grabbing my attention. And The Vacationers is so stinkin' serene (and I love the typography). Here in Texas, we start feeling like summer halfway through spring, so this one hits just the right note for me. Swimming? Anyone? 


Now, these are a couple of books that I've already read that make me think of spring. No spring list would be complete without something by Sarah Addison Allen, and Garden Spells just happens to be my fave with all of its beautiful foliage and rich colors.  Glaciers, by Alexis M. Smith is a winner with it's beautiful sky blue and gorgeous texture. I also have a tendency to shop more during the spring for new clothes and jewelry, so this book (and cover) immediately popped into my head. 


Last, but certainly not least, is Mary McCartney's cookbook, FOOD: Vegetarian Home Cooking. Our garden is planted and sprouting, so I'm already thinking of ways to use all the veggies we'll have piled up on our table soon. What better way to brainstorm than by using this GORGEOUS cookbook? The photography really is stunning. 

What are your favorite spring covers? New releases or just "springy"? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik