Wednesday, April 30, 2014

FUN QUESTIONS To Heal My Aching Brain

Good heavens, y'all. The Read-a-Thon is over, but the crazy hasn't slowed down! Now there are essays to grade for ALL my online classes. And day job is a nightmare through the end of the semester. Let's be real about that.

At times like these I have absolutely nothing entertaining to say. Like, my humor evaporates and my cleverness falls out my ears. Oh, and I typo alot.

So today I'd like to thank blogger and fellow Booktuber, Chelsey, from Chels and a Book for nominating me for the Liebster Award and giving me something to write about that doesn't involve how miserable I am and how much I want to eat junk food.


1. What is your favourite childhood book, favourite read from the last year, and most anticipated future read? 
Childhood: Anything by R.L. Stine, Christopher Pike, or L.J. Smith 
Last Year: The Sparrow by Mary Doria Russell. Blew my ever-lovin' mind.
Future:  The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay by Michael Chabon because everyone says I'll love it, and the cover is kickass.

 2. If you had the choice to create your last meal (appetiser, main course, dessert and beverage), what would it be? I loooooooooove food questions!
Appetizer: the spinach and bacon salad from Morton's Steakhouse.
Main: my mom's fried steak and homemade white gravy with Mediterranean stewed lima beans and roasted asparagus.
Dessert: homemade buttermilk pie.
Beverage: a vodka press.

 3. What would your ideal bookshelf/ library look like? (Pictures accepted!) This one, please!



 4. If you were to get a tattoo tomorrow, what would it be and where? It would be an owl sitting on a book with my son's name on the spine of the book. Can you tell I've thought about this? And it would be on my upper-middle back.

 5. Do you anticipate your birthday, wish it was over faster or remain indifferent?  I love birthays! My own, in particular. I used to say that I celebrated for two weeks before and three weeks after. Nowadays the celebration usually takes place over a weekend and definitely involves a bookstore or online ordering. And cupcakes!

 6. What is in your ideal smoothie? Spinach, carrots, apple, apple juice, strawberries, and a banana! And ICE!

 7. If you were to go to a ball (Disney Princess style), what would your dress look like? (Pictures accepted again. Pinterest, here we go!)  Moody AND sparkly! But I'm gonna need Olivia Wilde's figure, too.


 8. Do you have a favourite mug? Where is it from, how long have you had it and what does it look like? My favorite mug is an owl mug from Barnes and Noble. I don't think they sell them anymore, so I have to be REALLY careful with it!

 9. What is your favourite thing about your blog? The people who comment!

 10. Who is your favourite man or woman in literature and why? Oh gosh. Hmmmm. I love some sass and brass on my characters, so let's go with Jane Eyre. Oddly enough, I waited til just last year to read this one, and now I know what all the hooplah is about. *love*

 11. If you were to adopt a dog or a cat today, what would one of your name considerations be? Something literary, of course. Flavia?

Thank you for nominating me, Chels, and for the AWESOME creative questions! I'll be back with my own nominees when my brain doesn't hurt!



31 comments:

  1. This was so fun to read! I love your ideal bookshelf/library: it's totally my style. And I think you would look absolutely stunning in that dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I thought it was gorrrrgeous, and I can totally see myself lounging there.

      Delete
  2. How fun - I really enjoyed reading this! Love the tattoo idea and that bookshelf - ah-mazing! I also loved RL Stine growing up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I thought the questions were super creative, and I never would've thought of them myself. Cheers to RL Stine!

      Delete
  3. Love your answers. That dress! The library! If you got that tattoo and had a second child, what then?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No more kids. LOL I love the one I have, but I'm done.

      Delete
  4. I spy a sliding ladder!!! Love this. Hang in there, Andi, summer's a-coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heck yeah! No dream library is complete without the ladder. BRING ON THE SUMMER.

      Delete
  5. Ack! When is the semester over? I 'm sure you're counting down. You make me want to get another tattoo. I've always wanted a bookish one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not soon enough, my friend. NOT soon enough. How many do you have now? I'm a chicken.

      Delete
  6. Neat questions and answering! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your food answers were interesting. Fried steak with white gravy. Not something we have around here but man, does it sound good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fried steak is a play on chicken fried steak, but I love it more than the average chicken fried steak because my mom does a really thin breading. Crunch and tasty without being so BIG like on most chicken fried steaks.

      Delete
  8. Flavia is a fantastic cat name! A vodka press sounds delicious. I'm a gin and tonic girl and that's a similar drink. I'm a HUGE birthday nerd too. Birthdays are the best and should be celebrated for the whole month : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it? I thought so. Voka presses are ridiculously good. BIRTHDAYS! More of those.

      Delete
  9. I'm seriously drooling over that library! I have dreams about one day having a reading room and I want it to look like that! That smoothie sounds amazing! I feel the urge to get out my immersion blender Fun questions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it purty? I loved it most out of all the hits (and there were a lot) on Pinterest. That smoothie is amazing! I had it for breakfast last week, and it was perfection.

      Delete
  10. I love you Jane Eyre answer - up until last year, you were totally missing out.

    Fun fact: I've never had chicken friend steak in my life. It's not a common meal (at all!) where I grew up in northern New England.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally was!

      That makes me sad for all of the population who are chicken fried steakless.

      Delete
  11. Aw, I'm heartwarmed that you picked Jane Eyre. I love her too! She is such a boss -- every time I reread Jane Eyre I love her more.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVED Christopher Pike. I mean, LOVED. I think I read them all. And you can totally get that ladder for the all-time low price of $1100 (I looked them up).

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm sooooo not a girly girl, but that dress is AMAZING! I'd totally pick one like that too, I think.

    Christopher Pike and R.L. Stine, ahhhh. Such great memories. I remember reading "Sati" like, my freshman year, and feeling like I was so grown up. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I had so much fun answering mine too! I agree that one of the best part of blogging is having people comments!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay! I posted my nomination too! I was wondering what the heck I was going to post since I too am slogging through research paper grading and can't seem to get my current read finished (although I'm enjoying it). Summer is a-comin Andi! AND, I love the tattoo idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Woohoo! I'm so glad you did these :). Flavia! So cute! And that dress is amazingggg. Love your idea for the tattoo as well; so creative :).

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have to get that tattoo!! It sounds perfect. I've always wanted one, but I have no idea what I'd get. Or where.

    Flavia is a great name for a pet. Rod always thinks we should name ours Bob or Ralph or maybe Todd. Never anything creative. ;)

    Beeeeuteeeful gown! Wouldn't that be awesome to wear on a night out on the town? After seeing you in your wedding photos, I know that one would be perfect for ya!

    Now, go rest your brain. It's almost the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on the award! I love your dress and library pictures, they book look wonderful. I think I may have missed an opportunity by not renaming my cat when I adopted her... Something literary would be a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those were great questions. "Anything by R.L. Stine, Christopher Pike, or L.J. Smith".....we'd totally have been besties. Add Judy Blume to that list it and it would be my own answer. I wish I still had all my R.L. Stines.

    ReplyDelete
  20. R.L. Stine was the BEST! I started with Goosebumps but I have a soft spot for the Fear Street series. Those were amazing, and I totally read them when I was prob too young to do so! :D

    And that DRESS! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fun. I read all of Christopher's Pike's books growing up and that library looks so perfect and compfy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik