At times like these I have absolutely nothing entertaining to say. Like, my humor evaporates and my cleverness falls out my ears. Oh, and I typo alot.
So today I'd like to thank blogger and fellow Booktuber, Chelsey, from Chels and a Book for nominating me for the Liebster Award and giving me something to write about that doesn't involve how miserable I am and how much I want to eat junk food.
1. What is your favourite childhood book, favourite read from the last year, and most anticipated future read?
Childhood: Anything by R.L. Stine, Christopher Pike, or L.J. Smith
Last Year: The Sparrow by Mary Doria Russell. Blew my ever-lovin' mind.
Future: The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay by Michael Chabon because everyone says I'll love it, and the cover is kickass.
2. If you had the choice to create your last meal (appetiser, main course, dessert and beverage), what would it be? I loooooooooove food questions!
Appetizer: the spinach and bacon salad from Morton's Steakhouse.
Main: my mom's fried steak and homemade white gravy with Mediterranean stewed lima beans and roasted asparagus.
Dessert: homemade buttermilk pie.
Beverage: a vodka press.
3. What would your ideal bookshelf/ library look like? (Pictures accepted!) This one, please!
4. If you were to get a tattoo tomorrow, what would it be and where? It would be an owl sitting on a book with my son's name on the spine of the book. Can you tell I've thought about this? And it would be on my upper-middle back.
5. Do you anticipate your birthday, wish it was over faster or remain indifferent? I love birthays! My own, in particular. I used to say that I celebrated for two weeks before and three weeks after. Nowadays the celebration usually takes place over a weekend and definitely involves a bookstore or online ordering. And cupcakes!
6. What is in your ideal smoothie? Spinach, carrots, apple, apple juice, strawberries, and a banana! And ICE!
7. If you were to go to a ball (Disney Princess style), what would your dress look like? (Pictures accepted again. Pinterest, here we go!) Moody AND sparkly! But I'm gonna need Olivia Wilde's figure, too.
8. Do you have a favourite mug? Where is it from, how long have you had it and what does it look like? My favorite mug is an owl mug from Barnes and Noble. I don't think they sell them anymore, so I have to be REALLY careful with it!
9. What is your favourite thing about your blog? The people who comment!
10. Who is your favourite man or woman in literature and why? Oh gosh. Hmmmm. I love some sass and brass on my characters, so let's go with Jane Eyre. Oddly enough, I waited til just last year to read this one, and now I know what all the hooplah is about. *love*
11. If you were to adopt a dog or a cat today, what would one of your name considerations be? Something literary, of course. Flavia?
Thank you for nominating me, Chels, and for the AWESOME creative questions! I'll be back with my own nominees when my brain doesn't hurt!