Monday, April 21, 2014

The Readathon Has Eaten My Brain!

It's almost tiiiiiiiiiiiiime! Time for Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-thon! I admit, it has totally eaten my brain at this point. Heather has been super busy wrangling cheerleaders and doing updates to the site. I've been super busy wrangling hourly challenge hosts, mini-challenges, and prizes.

IT'S GONNA BE SO GREAT, y'all! This week we have the "Warm Up" posts starting, and the schedule looks a little something like this.

  • Sunday - Andi writes about "Choosing Your Own" Readathon adventure. 
  • Monday - Felecia the Geeky Blogger shares her tips for reading for charity
  • Tuesday - Shannon from River City Reading has some book recommendations of the shortish variety
  • Wednesday - Amanda from Fig and Thistle will explain how to Readathon AND be a parent at the same time
  • Thursday - Rachael Turns Pages is all about mastering Readathon updates
  • Friday - Jenn's Bookshelves shares a super-fantastic spreadsheet to help you keep track of your Readathon stats
AND we'll have an incredibly awesome, special tribute to our namesake, the much-beloved Dewey. 

There are lots of great things going on, tons of wonderful surprises in store, and I hope you'll join us! If you can't read for the whole 24 hours, don't let that stop you! Sign up by Wednesday to make sure the cheerleaders stop over at your site! 

23 comments:

  1. YAY--so excited!!! But I do hope your brain grows back, of course! :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, thank you, Debi! I have faith that my brain shall be restored!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for all the hard work you and Heather do to make this awesome! I can't wait for some spreadsheet goodness on Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU for volunteering for, like, everything! lol

      Delete
  3. This is awesome - thank you for pulling it together! Being my first time participating, I don't even know what to expect but I'm super excited for it! I set some goals today and have my stack ready to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for being with us, Brandie! So excited to meet new folks who are readathonning for the first time!

      Delete
  4. Am so much looking forward to this. I bet you and Heather have done a great job again this time in organizing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you thank you thank you for joining us, Ciska!

      Delete
  5. I am super excited!! It's my first time joining any readathon, and can't wait for the recs tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So excited for this, Andi. In previous years, I have been a cheerleader (something I never did in High School ;) and a prize giver,but I've never done such a good job of reading. This year, except for dining out with dear friends,mom planning to read with all my heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Umm...I'M planning, not my mom. Duh.

      Delete
  7. I'm so stoked to cheer for y'all! Eeep!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And we're so stoked that you're cheering!

      Delete
  8. This is going to be so much fun! I love this read-a-thon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait! So glad you're excited, too!

      Delete
  9. I can't wait to see what you guys have come up with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whahahahaha! <--evil scientist laugh

      Delete
  10. I'm so excited! Missing it last year's readathon has made me super protective of the date this year. I'm not letting anything get scheduled the same day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I know what you mean. I was always the same way if I had to miss one. Glad you're back with us!

      Delete
  11. Y'all are doing a fantastic job. The PR, helpful posts, layout, clear directions, and enthusiasm from you and Heather is AWESOME. Dewey would be so proud and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Seriously. You are OWNING this event. Everyone is so excited and this is going to be a beyond fun day. Yay! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik