Monday, May 12, 2014

A Very Readerly Monday (It's Monday and Bout of Books)

Bout of Books, Day 1 AND, It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

 

I was having a hard time choosing my next book over the weekend. I finished Upstairs at the White House: My Life with the First Ladies, by J.B. West, which I really enjoyed. Watch for a review of that one coming up soon!


I picked up and put down a few of my intended books for Bout of Books (Love Begins in Winter, The Professor's House), but I finally settled on these two...


I'm reading The Kitchen House, by Kathleen Grissom, for my next book club meeting. And I've had The Namesake, by Jhumpa Lahiri, on my stacks for at least eight years. For shame! It's also one of the books on my 2014 TBR Challenge pile. 

Bout of Books Day 1, Informal Challenge


Today's informal challenge is to let the Bout of Books readers know a little about you. This pic will tell you that Mondays are a little distressing for me, and I look a little loopy before coffee. I'm an early riser against my will since I generally have my son at pre-school by 7:30 for breakfast, and this morning I spent the 30 minutes between his drop off time and my work day shopping for odds and ends at the grocery store so I don't have to do it tonight. 

Yay, time management! 




16 comments:

  1. I bet my mom would like the White House book too - I'll have to look for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really really interesting, Kathy! And I think it was on sale when I snapped it up. Maybe it still is!

      Delete
  2. Excellent choices to start off Bout of Books week! My first reading goal this week is to finish the book I'm in the middle of. It's just OK so I predict skimming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, lady! Skimming happens to the best of us. At least you'll finish it fast since you're not into it.

      Delete
  3. Yay for BoB! Great choices you have. I'm hoping to read 2 books this week. We shall see. A 3 year old at home makes it impossible to read in the evenings and then I end up crashing shortly after her bedtime! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! 3yo kiddos definitely complicate the reading. I have a block of time I've reclaimed at bed time since my 4yo has gotten really good at putting himself to sleep. Score!

      Delete
  4. Woo hoo! Kick ass and take names!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for killing things that have been on the TBR pile for years! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Yes! That's probably my #1 goal for 2014.

      Delete
  6. Good luck, Andi! Can't wait to hear what you think about The Namesake. I haven't read it either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far, so good! Like SOOO good.

      Delete
  7. The Namesake! Great read! Yay for quick grocery shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so wanted to do Bout of Books but I just don't see myself finding the time. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had to search my blog to see if I'd read The Namesake. It sounded familiar but I wasn't sure. Sure enough, I read it in 2008! I'll be anxious to hear what you think... I liked it but it isn't one I'd read again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been meaning to read The Namesake for years now too. Still just waiting patiently on the shelves for me to get around to it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik