April reading did not suck as hard as it could've. I've still been in a vicious slump, but all terrible reading crags must come to an end sometime. With the end of the semester in sight, and my too-many-online-classes winding down, there is light at the end of the tunnel!
I read six books in April, and I really enjoyed them all. It seems I've managed to shake off most of the "sea of threes" syndrome from previous months, as I think everything I read this month was rated four or better on Goodreads.
- The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin
- Bastard Out of Carolina by Dorothy Allison
- Beloved by Toni Morrison
- Tender at the Bone by Ruth Reichl
- A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray
- Chew: Just Desserts (vol. 4) by Joh Layman and Rob Guillory
Here's hoping the May reading continues to improve! All of my grades are due this week, so I hope that means a promise of more free time! Woot!
What was your favorite book you read in April?
|Hosted by BookJourney!|