Tuesday, May 13, 2014

BlogHer 2014!

Disclosure: This post is sponsored by BlogHer, but thoughts are all my own!

It’s long been on my readerly bucket list to attend a BlogHer conference! I’ve had a wonderful, lengthy relationship with BlogHer as an ad network member. They’ve been kind enough to syndicate a few of my blog posts including one on motherhood and its effects on my reading as well as my thoughts on publisher influence in blogging. And a few years back, when I lost my job, they featured a very personal post on the blessings of a layoff (Sounds unlikely, right? But so true!).

 

While this will not be the year I get to attend BlogHer, you still have a chance! This is the 10thanniversary conference, and it’s taking place in San Jose, California. I’m having a dreamy beach scenario play out in my head right now.

Conference highlights:

  • Bloggers, big and small
  • Conference sessions run by blogging peers
  • Voices and Photos of the Year will make you cry. Seriously emotional.
  • Awesome guest speakers including Jenny Lawson (a.k.a. The Bloggess), Kerry Washington, and Ariana Huffington
  • Connecting with scads of new blogging friends

A few things to know:

  • Passes are limited and going fast!
  • There’s a special limited-time discount for attendees - save 25% off a full conference pass if you purchase soon!

So what are you waiting for? If I could, I’d totally be there. Go on and get your registration on

 

 

 

8 comments:

  1. Pity you won't be able to attend. This sounds great! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I've always heard really good things. One day! This one and BEA. :)

      Delete
  2. I bet it will be a blast. I can't remember who the keynote speaker was, but I remember thinking it would be a great one to hear. Maybe someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like Jenny Lawson, Kerry Washington, and Ariana Huffington are all considred keynotes. There's a fourth...a comedian I wasn't familiar with. But a great lineup all the way around. Someday.

      Delete
  3. Why can't there be any conferences near me? Bucket list, bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RIGHT??? I feel ya there, my friend.

      Delete
  4. This sounds like such an interesting event! California is a bit of a hike for me (plus I'm going to BEA this year, so... dollars and all that), but maybe some year. Definitely going on my bucket list as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went last year in Chicago and it was great fun. I just couldn't rationalize the cost to fly out to California. Maybe next year you can lobby for Dallas? It's close to you and one of the few locations I can fly direct from my cornfield. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik