Friday, May 02, 2014

Bout of Books 10, or Prioritizing Reading

I've been a hardcore reader all my life. Ever since I was a kid, I've mowed through books. Maybe not with the same regularity I do now, but pretty steadily. As I've entered my 30s, added a child and a husband to the mix, and, ya know, three jobs, sometimes I have to make a concerted effort to prioritize my reading. That's where Bout of Books 10 comes in. It's on the horizon, and while I may not get do TONS more reading than I normally do...it does help me further prioritize my reading for a week.

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 12th and runs through Sunday, May 18th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 10 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team

You can sign up HERE.

I'll be back soon with a potentials stack and more info!

21 comments:

  1. Yay!!! Weeklong marathon of reading with no commitments!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RIGHT ON! It's gonna be so relaxing, Heather!

      Delete
  2. I'm really excited for this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I enjoy it every time it comes around. Now for the potentials stack!

      Delete
  3. Yay more readathons! I was excited to see it was so close to Dewey's. Those two events are my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy this one almost as much as Dewey's because it's so relaxing for us after the Dewey! lol

      Delete
  4. I like this one a lot. Off to sign up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never done this one, but I am seriously tempted...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's totally worth it! Like I said, for me it just helps prioritize reading a little more. I've had trouble with that lately.

      Delete
  6. Can't wait! Glad you're joining in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! So glad I found this one a few instances ago. lol

      Delete
  7. "As I've entered my 30s, added a child and a husband to the mix. . ." Don't you love the sound of that? :-D I'm not all that good at week-long readathons but I may sign up for this one. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I DO! It's completely awesome and fun. I feel relaxed and stress free with long readathons. Hope you decide to give it a go!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. I have no idea, but I'd love to have some back.

      Delete
  9. Yay, I'm also participating! I'm curious about what your potential readings will be :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik