Thursday, May 22, 2014

#CoverHo: Beach Reads Edition!


Time again for another visit with the #CoverHo gals! That's Jennifer from Book-alicious Mama and myself. With summer coming up fast we decided to tackle the infamous BEACH READ this week. I've chosen three up-and-coming books that will be published this summer, and I've chosen two books that you shouldn't miss if you haven't read them already.



I love a good retelling or take-off of a traditional or classic tale. Alias Hook, by Lisa Jensen, grabbed me right away with its expansion of Captain Hook's story as well as the gorgeous illustration. 

I should be ashamed of myself. I have yet to read Ready Player One, by Ernest Cline, but that doesn't mean I'm not excited about his new release, Armada. And my love for the cover is partially for it's old-school Atari appeal. 

Season to Taste, by Natalie Young, is just gorgeous. I'm a sucker for illustrated food. It's a thing. 

+++++++++++++


What are you waiting for? Seriously? Boxers and Saints, by Gene Luen Yang. This two-book set will please your beach-loving need for something quick, but it won't let you down with a lack of heart. A fast read with a great soul. 


I always crave food and farming books in the summer. Animal, Vegetable, Miracle, by Barbara Kingsolver, is not to be missed. I pet my copy regularly because it is BEAUTIFUL inside and out. 


19 comments:

  1. I don't know if I'm the only one excited about Season to Taste because it's about a woman who eats her husband but I AM, Y'ALL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOLOL! What's NOT to be excited about? Right?

      Delete
  2. Food on a book cover always gets me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Animal, Vegetable Miracle is one of my favorite books! And again we have no crossover! Love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it wonderful? Such a great book and always makes me feel summery and makes me want to pet my own garden. lol

      Delete
  4. I think I'm hyperventilating over the first two books. Hook? More Ernest Cline? OMG. Breathe Heather, breathe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're adding books to my tbr list!!!! Season to Taste and Alias Hook are two books that I need to read. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I hear ya! I can't look through feedly without my TBR growing!

      Delete
  6. Wow on Season to Taste! Love that cover. It looks sophisticated but edgy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I thought the same thing. So lovely!

      Delete
  7. I knew Cline had a new book coming out, but I forgot when. I am so excited about Armada!!!! I hope the audio is as entertaining as Ready Player One. Whoohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never read Barbara Kingsolver, can you believe it?! But I'm always thinking I should, because I hear great things. Love all these covers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really want to read Animal, Vegetable, Miracle and I gotta agree with you, I love foodie and bright, bold covers. I hope you will stop by and link up with our #SmallVictoriesSundaylinky.

    http://momssmallvictories.com/small-victories-sunday-linkup-21/

    ReplyDelete
  10. That Kingsolver book cover is NICE!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Barbara Kingsolver, and don't miss her Poisonwood Bible, either. Murder in Mexico is my series of twelve mysteries set in and around the upscale expat colony of San Miguel de Allende. Artist Paul Zacher is drawn into crime investigation because ‘he might see things differently.’ Maybe it’s time for the rich humanity of Mexico to show through all the narco headlines! Ready for the real Mexico, beyond the phony news reports? Take a look at this suspenseful and often funny series, available in Print, Kindle, Nook, & Kobo. Start with ‘Twenty Centavos’ by trying a sample on my website.

    http://www.sanmiguelallendebooks.com/titles.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik