Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day!

The last few weeks have been unbearably busy and yesterday I was darn sick. I think it might've been my body telling me to SLOW DOWN ALREADY.

So I did.

I didn't write a thoughtful post for Mother's Day. Trish did, so definitely check that out.

So my totally off-the-cuff Mother's Day post is this: My son, my husband, and my mom are the most important people in my life. They make every day better...this one and all the others.

My mom is a rock star. Every day. Everyone loves her, and that's not an understatement.

My husband makes me feel like I do so many things right that I question all the time. He takes my stress level wayyyy down and helps me be a better mom because he's so supportive and such a big help.

My son has helped me appreciate so many things I never would've noticed or valued as much before. Today when we're giving hugs and eating Cajun food and trading gifts, it'll be magical. But the truth is, every day is magic with this bunch. I'm the luckiest mom, wife, and daughter.



I can't forget all the other mothers out there...and the aunts, and the godmothers, and the sisters. The women who help nurture families and little ones and each other. 

I'm endlessly thankful for my son's stepmom, Michelle. She is wonderful for Greyson and for her own children and stepchildren. It's a big bunch, and she wrangles 'em like a champ. 



To my best friends...Heather, Rachel...you are great moms, and I admire you every day.

And there are so many others of you. Keep on keeping on...even when the day is ridiculous. The love still shines through. 






20 comments:

  1. This is a thoughtful post whether you think it is or not. Happy Mother's Day to you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you, Kathy! I got a little teary writing it. I wasn't sure where it was going at first, but it all shakes out. :)

      Delete
  2. Awww love it. Happy Mom's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you've had a nice day, mine has been ridulously quiet and I slept late, ate some food, read a bit and napped til 1!! slug slug!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad yours has been quiet and relaxing! It ended up being a busy but relaxing day for me.

      Delete
  4. Perfect Mother's Day post, Andi! Hope you're having a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Les! It was awesome!

      Delete
  5. Happy Mother's Day, Andi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you had a great one!!!

      Delete
  6. I hope you had the most awesome of awesome Mother's Days. You are an amazing mother, with a pretty great kid. And your mom does kick ass. Especially driving home in thunderstorms. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was amazing and fabulous. Just as I knew it would be. :)

      Delete
  7. Happy Mother's Day, Andi! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry you weren't feeling well. I hope you are feeling better today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All better now. Thank you, Ti!

      Delete
  9. I love that you acknowledged Grayson's stepmom. Very classy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww, this was super sweet! I must admit I'm partial to the shout out to Aunts and Godmothers. It makes me feel special, too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik