Sunday, May 25, 2014

The Sunday Salon - A Reading Roundup!

I've been kicking reading ass and taking names this week. There might've been a couple of nights that I didn't even get to crack anything open, but that's not going to stop me from finishing--MOWING THROUGH--The Name of the Wind, a gigantic chunkster of an epic fantasy, by Patrick Rothfuss. 

 

David and I were puttering around in Dallas on Friday night after we dropped Greyson off with his dad, and I had a 20% coupon for Barnes and Noble, so like any red-blooded obsessed reader, I went int and got 30% off of the next book in the series (with my membership), The Wise Man's Fear. Because duh. 

If you'd asked me two weeks ago if I had any intention of reading We Were Liars, by e. lockhart, I would've said, "Meh. Probably not." However, Heather sent me a copy with the instructions, "Read it now, before it gets too hyped up or spoiled for you. DEAR. Drop everything and read. It."

And Heather is always right. So I'm reading it. NOW! Before it gets ruined for me. 

In other bookish goodness, you also have another day or two to submit one of your FAVE books for the Estella Project, Season 2 (#EstellaProject)! You can learn all about it and submit your choice HERE


The final bookish thing: Armchair BEA starts tomorrow! I'm a cheerleading Team Captain and already have my posts drafted for the week, so let's get this thing started! Visited ArmchairBEA.com for more info! 


So what do all of you have shaking for this Memorial Day weekend if you're in the US? I did a lot of super sale shopping for clothes on Saturday. All of my daily and work wear is getting really worn and a lot of it is too big, so I needed to replenish. 

Today will be spent borrowing Greyson from his dad's house and having a cookout with my extended family. Tomorrow I'll meet up with Chuck to get Greyson back for the week at a local family-owned orchard that sells homemade peach and strawberry ice cream, pies, and other goodies. It's always fun whenever we make the trip, so I can't wait for that. 

I hope you all have a great rest of the weekend! See you tomorrow! 

Join the Facebook group HERE




15 comments:

  1. Heather is helping you make wise decisions! Hope you like We Were Liars!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! She does that a lot. 'm enjoying it and hoping to get further into it tonight and hopefully finish it tomorrow.

      Delete
    2. You can't see me, but I'm beaming. And perhaps preening a bit. lol

      Delete
  2. That looks like a great week of reading! I didn't finish any books but I'm in the middle of two that I like a lot, The People in the Trees and The Good Spy. Here's to another week of great books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim! I'll be curious to know your thoughts on The People in the Trees. I've seen a lot of good reviews of that one. Cheers to a great reading week!

      Delete
  3. I probably should do the same with We are Liars. I'm interested in it but as soon as it becomes a must read I won't be. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I'm so so so bad about that. When the hype gets amped WAY up, I'm out!

      Delete
  4. I'll be working tomorrow. One of Vance's college roommates is in town so I'm filling in for him. Last week sucked for me in so many ways so I got very little reading done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I'm sorry you have to work, but I'm sure Vance and his roomie will thank you very much. :) I hope this week is less sucky than last! Hugs!

      Delete
  5. The trip to the orchard sounds fabulous! Have a great week, Andi!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both books have been hyped a bit already but they sound so good that I am going to read them too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My office isn't closed on Memorial Day (alas! but we get lots of days off at Christmas, so I'm not complaining), which means I'm at work today. I WISH I could have gone clothes-shopping today. I need some new summer clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cooked up a nice meal for Memorial Day but spent the better part of the day on the couch with my books. I finished one book and then almost finished the second... just a few pages left so it was a good reading day. I tried to finish it at lunch today but the splitting headache forced me to put it aside. Drats!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, The Name of the Wind. I need to get to that one soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hooray for kicking reading ass!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik