Friday, June 20, 2014

Personally: That Post I Never Wrote About the Wedding

Our rings.
I should be ashamed of myself. I did a half-ass drive-by post about the wedding after it happened, IN MARCH, but I never came back and did a good post. With professional photography included! What a whirlwind experience it was, but looking back on our wedding a few things stick out...
  • It was the best day ever!
  • I've never felt more beautiful and loved. 
  • We managed to slow down and enjoy the experience.
  • I'm so glad we seriously prioritized our wants and needs. 
L to R: Rachel, my mom, Heather, moi!
From the beginning I knew I wanted a laid back, semi-casual, partially DIY, rustic-chic wedding. We're not really tux, tails and tradition people. Luckily, David agreed to all of the above. We quickly found a location that we liked that included indoor and outdoor spaces that was within our price range. Not the best-looking name to put on an invitation..."The Party Barn"...but whatevs.

Some nifty vintage doors that David DIYed into a backdrop/screen. 
We also prioritized:
  • Dress
  • Food...a full dinner for guests
  • Heather! David was as excited as I was to have Heather and her husband fly in for several days of fun before the wedding. 
Books, candy and DIY favors.
After the dress was picked and Heather's plane ticket was bought, the only thing left was the food! David's dad and sisters do catering, so they were kind enough to hook us up with a delicious dinner:
  • Appetizers: Spinach dip and bread, cheese plates
  • Salad: Strawberry, candied pecans, spring greens
  • Entree: Roasted pork loin, cornbread stuffing, roasted winter veggies, stuffed tomatoes, cranberry chutney
  • Dessert: Cakes! Italian cream and German chocolate
  • Drinks: iced tea, lemonade, beer!
We also knew we wanted a festive atmosphere. Right? Who wants a boring, plain wedding? Instead of a DJ, we subscribed to Spotify, whipped up a kickass playlist, and played it through the venue's sound system. 

 

We decorated the tables with books (of course), candy, candles, glazed mason jars that we DIYed, and we hung plenty of pictures, chalkboards, tissue poms, and some penants. And twinkle lights. Don't forget those.

It was just a glorious day, and it felt very comfortable, fun, and like we'd made all the right decisions. I don't think I could ask for much else!

I can't, for the life of me, get our gallery to work, so I'm including small thumbnails below for clicking and embiggening!












34 comments:

  1. Andi! you guys look adorable!!! and happy, gosh, so happy!. Congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also just tagged you on my post for The Book Blogger Test. If you have time and feel like it I would love to see your answers :)

      Delete
  2. Awww I loved your post and the pictures! They're gorgeous. And it's SO great that you guys were able to really focus on what was important to you. I think a lot of people get caught up in the "show" and forget. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's just the kind of wedding I love - relaxed, casual, and brimming with love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like a fabulous time, and you look simply beautiful! I'm so glad you prioritized what was important to you, and it looks like everything went wonderfully. Isn't it nice to write this recap from the other side? ;) Though I occasionally miss the anticipation of the wedding and some of the more enjoyable aspects of planning (like cake samples!), I'm so happy to be married and enjoying the everyday with my guy. I have a hunch you are, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Party Barn. That is SO classic. LOL.

    I think the wedding was perfect. It certainly seemed so from my view here. I love simple weddings. I can't stand it when the bride and groom can't enjoy their own celebration and you guys looked like you were having fun. That is important.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I look so rock 'n roll in that last picture. |m|, Woo!

    Thank you again, you and David, for helping me get there. It was such a beautiful wedding. It was such an honor to be there and we had such a blast! Just don't forget; you have to get over here sometime. Ellie has already mentioned several places we have to take you to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you did your hair!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your wedding pics make me SO HAPPY. Your happiness just spills over so that anyone who sees you can't help but feel good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable pictures! I love them. Thanks for sharing your happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OK, I'm not crying. No, really. Just allergies. ;) Seriously, you had such a gorgeous and from-the-heart kind of wedding I think everyone should have. I'm so happy for you and David and continue to wish you many, many years of happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally the best way to have a wedding. Everything looked gorgeous (especially you!) and it's so obvious how happy you are. Plus, I really want a bite of that salad ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! It looks like it was beautiful and wonderful. Wishing you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations!! I love EVERYTHING about these pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That sounds like a fun wedding! And your menu! Yum! Everyone in the pictures looks like they're having such fun that the pictures just glow.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like a wonderful day! My sister's getting married today, and I hope her day is as joyful and amazing as yours looks like it was. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for sharing! I'm so glad it was the perfect day -- and the photos are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Everything looks gorgeous, I love when weddings are comfortable and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  18. How great that you were able to make your special day exactly the day you wanted it to be and got to enjoy it! Looks like everyone had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You look beautiful and so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful photos! I'm glad you got around to sharing them. You guys all look so happy, it's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aw! I followed the whole shindig on Instagram. It was so lovely. You guys look so happy! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations!! Some pics made me a little teary eyed, so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm just getting here now but wanted to say my wife and I both enjoyed seeing some of these photos when they were on Instagram and Facebook earlier, but it's really cool seeing them all together in one cohesive story. So glad for all three of you!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Aww. I love this. Everyone is so beautiful and happy. Congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Just getting back to looking at blogs and look what I found! Another jewel from you! Delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  27. These pictures are pure happiness! You look so very radiant :) Thank you for sharing, and congratulations to you!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love seeing all the pictures from your wedding! You look beautiful! It sounds like everything went just perfectly. All of my favorite memories from our wedding day are similar to yours, it was a laid-back fun party where we just celebrated with the people we love. I'm so glad it was such a perfect day for you!

    ReplyDelete
  29. You looked beautiful, Andi. I love that you shared the pictures of your special day with your readers.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Weddings make me soooo excited! Anything that has to do with Love just gets me excited. I have been married 13 years now... most important thing is to continue to have fun with each other.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Super late to this post, but I'm so happy you had such a great time at your wedding! It sounds amazing and all the pictures are gorgeous! You look so lovely and so happy! Congratulations/best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Fantastic photos! You look SO happy!

    ReplyDelete
  33. You look radiant beautiful gorgeous dress.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik