|All hail the Pioneer Woman whose photo I'm using without permission. Don't sue me!|
Chicken Coconut Super-Veggie Curry
- 3 chicken breasts, cubed and cooked through
- 1 huge yellow squash, cubed or diced
- 1 huge zucchini, cubed or diced
- 10 yellow cherry tomatoes, halved (remove skins if you don't like 'em)
- 1/2 of a medium onion, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 whole lime, juiced
- 1 squirt of hot sesame oil (or red pepper flake! or Sriracha!)
- 1 handful of chopped cilantro
- 2 cups of basmati rice cooked according to package directions
Start by cooking your chicken through with a bit of olive oil. I did this ahead of time, but you can do it as the first step in the process. Throw your diced and chopped veggies into the pot with your chicken to cook down a bit and get tender. I used a pot because this makes enough to feed an army. Deep sides are a good thing. Add all of the ingredients except the tomatoes and cilantro to the pot and let it simmer until your house smells stupidly good--about 10-15 minutes. Reserve the tomatoes and cilantro until the last 5 minutes if you don't want them to disintegrate.
Serve over basmati rice. We didn't eat anything with this dish since all of the veggies were built in, and it was a quick, week-night meal. However, a spinach salad would've been super awesome.
This was slap yo' mama good. My husband and my son both loved the big flavor, and my son doesn't like anything but hot dogs and pizza. There were plenty of leftovers and we annihilated them the very next day.
|Hosted by Beth Fish Reads!|