I got some fantabulous Bout of Books reading done last week and over the weekend. I finished:
- Tell the Wolves I'm Home, by Carol Rifka Brunt
- This One Summer, by Jillian and Mariko Tamaki
- Locke and Key: Head Games (volume 2), by Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez
- Major Pettigrew's Last Stand, by Helen Simonson (partial)
- The Paying Guests, by Sarah Waters (partial)
I intended to have The Paying Guests nearly finished by the end of the weekend, but ye olde eyes weren't getting along with the e-reader so well. Ugh! Such a pain.
All told, I finished a ballpark 1,050 pages this past week. That is out-of-this-world awesome for me, so I couldn't be more excited with my progress.
What's calling to me from the stacks? These babies!
There are so many great choices lingering on my e-reader and my nightstand. Simon Rich won my heart with The Last Girlfriend on Earth, so I'm dying to read Spoiled Brats. While I wasn't crazy about Oyeyemi's book, Boy, Snow, Bird, I read the first few pages of White is for Witching, and I'm hooked! Finally, I will read anything by Lucy Knisley, and I'll be picking up Displacement soon.
|Hosted by Sheila from BookJourney.net!|