Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Dewey's Read-a-Thon, Behind the Scenes


It's time again! The behind-the-scenes planning for Dewey's Read-a-Thon is underway. This event just seems to get bigger every year. Not only the number of participants, but also the number of things we have going on. Things for participants to do, "educational" pieces like videos and posts to let new folks know what we're all about. You name it!

This year one of our big new things is a Goodreads group! I've been busy emailing potential moderators behind the scenes, and we're brainstorming activities and fun threads that we might run over there. Feel free to join us now and help us come up with ideas!

We're also gathering "warm up" posts to run 1-2 weeks before the event. In the past we've done one post per day in the week prior, but this year we may be able to expand that out a bit!

If anyone is interested in getting involved behind the scenes, you can still fill out our volunteer questionnaire to get involved on October 18!


6 comments:

  1. Oh the Goodreads group idea seems awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always excited about this and can't wait for another full day of reading! Always appreciative of the work you and Heather put into it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to dusting off my pom poms! Crap, I think I promised a cartwheel video... Gonna have to get on that...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe it is already time for it again! This year is flying by! Fall is so full of events, I love it. I wish that every season of the year was as packed with readalongs and readathons!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck once again. I would love to volunteer, but sadly I will be on vacation away from a computer. I guess, that isn't really sad at all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Already? I’m so excited! This one comes a week after a big forum (with a big paper assignment) so I’m particularly excited about taking that day off.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik