Thursday, September 04, 2014

RIP IX Begins!


Readers Imbibing Peril IX!!!! Can you believe it? Whew! Of course one of my favorite parts of this event is digging through my stacks for potential reading, so here's the peril pool so far. I'll be embarking upon Peril the First, to read four books from my pool. I'll also be reading short stories and doing the readalong. What else can I get into? hehehehe





Ebooks:
The Boy Who Drew Monsters, by Keith Donoghue
More Locke and Key graphic novels
Rosemary's Baby, by Ira Levin
The Accursed, by Joyce Carol Oates


Print:
American Supernatural Tales, Penguin Horror anthology
The Haunting of Hill House, by Shirley Jackson (re-read)


And we can't forget this...





16 comments:

  1. You'll rock this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely one of my faves, JoAnn!

      Delete
  3. I notice so many people are adding Locke and Key to their RIP reading lists. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's sooooo creepy! Totally worth a read.

      Delete
  4. It looks like you are all set for a creepy fall! Thanks for the reminder to start choosing my books for RIP. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you have some goodies to choose from!

      Delete
  5. Awesome selections! I always kind of do RIP unofficially...I don't set an official reading list, but I love September/October/November for creepy reads. Time to break out my Stephen King wish list again...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to laugh that Palahniuk did an intro for that version of Rosemary's Baby!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoyed the Locke and Key series. It was fantastically written and extremely terrifying, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooo Locke & Key. I can't wait to finally start that one. And I've heard great things about Rosemary's Baby, but it seems TOO creepy for me.

    Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that's so cool - my IRL book club is also reading The Haunting of Hill House! I need to join in on the read along! enjoy RIP!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't think I can ignore it any longer after seeing a bajillion posts in my reader for RIP. That is quite the cover for American Supernatural Tales!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik