That's right. I made it the WHOLE readathon. For the first time ever since I've been doing this (2007).
Hour 19 Update!
WHOA! Where does the time go? I took a long break there. I also read nearly a whole book of short stories! I have 50 pages left, and I'm going to try my best to polish it off after my hosting shift which ends at the tail end of Hour 20. This is the closest I've gotten to finishing the whole shebang in a while!
Oh, you want to know what the book is?
Incendiary Girls, by Kodi Scheer. Amazing amazing! More to come!
Hour 12 Mid-Event Survey!
1. What are you reading right now? Incendiary Girls by Kodi Scheer...amazing short stories!
2. How many books have you read so far? Not much more than earlier: three single issue comics, part of two books.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? Finishing Spoiled Brats, by Simon Rich!
4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? Hosting duty distractions. But nothing serious.
5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? People who complain on Twitter always surprise me, but it shouldn't after this long.
Hour 8! Hour 8! Holy Crap, It's Getting Late!
Not really, but time does fly when you're having fun. Since I last checked in, I managed to polish off a couple more single issue comics and a bit of Brutal Youth, by Anthony Breznican.
Of the three, I definitely liked Wild's End #1 the best. Given, I'm not done with Brutal Youth yet, but we'll see how that shakes out. Up next....more comics!
Almost Hour 5!
Wow, where does the time go? That's cliche but damn true! Breakfast was made, a shower was had, I even updated my online class because (oops) I forgot about them! I've wrangled some prizes, put out some fires, and Tweeted, cheered, and chatted with Heather. And Instagram! Don't forget that. Have I read? NOT SO MUCH!
But I'm going to do that now. Starting with...
Good morning, friends. A cold came on me yesterday, so this might be one of the most interesting readathons yet. Interesting as in drowsy, cranky, snotty, and slow. There will be naps. In the meantime, here's my opening meme.
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? Just northeast of Dallas, TX! Which takes on a whole new connotation for people this year! #halfhearted Yay!