Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Of Readathons and Readathon TBRs!

The Dewey's Read-a-Thon is this weekend! Heather and I, and scads of volunteers, have been actively working behind the scenes to get everything set up. Right now we have nearly 700 readers signed up. If you're so inclined, we would love for you to join us!

We also have some exciting new developments this time around, like the Goodreads group! You can read all about what the moderators have in mind right HERE.

Finally, we had enough warm-up posts to run for two weeks! If you haven't been following those, zip on over to 24hourreadathon.com to get caught up! Not only are there lots of tips and tricks, there are also a lot of inspirational personal experiences.


  • Incendiary Girls: Stories, by Kodi Scheer
  • Maps and Legends, by Michael Chabon (essays)
  • Sherlock!
  • John Saturnall's Feast, by Lawrence Norfolk
  • Landline, by Rainbow Rowell
  • Pain, Parties, Work, by Elizabeth Winder (non-fic)
  • Take the Cannoli, by Sarah Vowell (essays)

This here is my printed stack. Can you tell I'm on a non-fiction kick? I also find that my eyes tire out quickly reading on my e-reader lately, so I betcha I'll be partaking of this stack quite a bit. I also have American Supernatural Tales I should've added to this pic. Some short stories sound like just the ticket. 

I'll definitely be reading some comics on ye olde e-reader, so here's a smattering of those: 



Things will be getting creepy with Sabrina and Wytches, and a little more thoughtful and fun with Wild's End and Lumberjanes

What's on your Read-a-Thon stack? 







19 comments:

  1. So jealous. I'm practically a single-mom this time of year as I married a 6-days-a-week, 12-16 hours a day farmer, so no readathon for me. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing another readathon during this time, so I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines! Good luck with your reading goals, you have a great stack of books lined up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your stack looks awesome! I'm so excited for this readathon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got to wait till the Tornado gets a little older to be able to participate but I'm living vicariously through all that are! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait I can't wait! I'm headed to the library soon to pick up SAGA but no non-fic for me. Pain, Parties, Work was interesting, though--I listened to it last year. Think if nothing else it's short!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a Fly-By-er (can't pre-plan!) so nothing concrete though I did decide I'd probably listen to some In Death Novellas I haven't read yet, when I need a break for my eyes. If I get to any comics (likely) I'll continue on Arkham Unhinged. I'm on 24 out of 58.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've got my list up -- lots of choice so that I can have options in case one bores me ;) I think 18 books for 24 hours will be enough...perhaps...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yikes - I can't believe it's this weekend already! I need to get planning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm excited you're reading Kodi Scheer's book ... it's fantastic! I'l be watching on the sidelines as although I'm inclined, life interferes ;) Happy reading, Andi!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome stack! You'll definitely be adding some of those to my TBR pile :p I vlogged about my readathon stack yesterday and I went and bought Smoke Gets In Your Eyes because of you and added that to it :) Can't wait for this weekend!!! Thanks again Andi for all that you and Heather do!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you have a fantastic read-a-thon after working so hard to plan it! It looks like you have a great book stack :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome stack :D I really need to get my hands on Lumberjanes. I hope, after all of the hard work of planning, that you'll be able to enjoy the day and actually get some reading done ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like such a good event! I am trying to decide if I can get crazy and participate this year -- it's been such a looooong week, I'd really love to spend a whole entire day reading.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those graphic novels look awesome! Are they digital?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm planning on reading the first edition of Lumberjanes! Thanks to the comic day link you gave me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Landline is a really quick and fun read. I hope you like it! I've got a digital copy of Maps and Legends that I keep meaning to read.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've announced it via my social networks in Spanish, so you'll have some people more from Spain and South America :DDDD

    How exciting is this readathon!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm tempted to get out Maps & Legends too after seeing that you have it on your stack. Of course, I don't need my stack to be any bigger so maybe I'll resist. ;) See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Have fun reading dear Andi!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik