Thursday, December 11, 2014

#AMonthofFaves: 5 Favorite {Insert Something Non-Bookish}!

Better late than never??? If you were here earlier you saw that my pre-scheduled post for today posted just fine, but it was EMPTY! Ha! Work got away from me yesterday, so now I'm back to show you...five favorite digital lifehacks OR five favorite non-bookish things! I'm going with non-bookish faves!



I'm super late to the eos lip balm party, but I am onboard now! My secret Santa from a fashion group I belong to sent me a GREAT gift, and it included eos sweet mint. I've only been using it for a day, but I love that it seems to last and last. 




I've been wayyyy into makeup lately, and I learned about the Coastal Scents Revealed and Revealed 2 palettes from watching YouTube videos. I was salivating over Urban Decay's Naked 1, 2, and 3 palettes until I found out that Coastal Scents is full of duplicate shades! And instead of $54 each, these babies are only $20! And since I grabbed them during Black Friday sales, they were only $10 each. I love the quality of the shadows, and there's a beautiful mix of colors. 

The original Revealed palette is a mixture of warm and cool tones, lots of neutrals with a few pops, and a mixture of matte and shimmer shades. Revealed 2 is more like Urban Decay's Naked 3, and it's full of beautiful rose-toned shades. Rose golds, purples. It's just heavenly, and so far it's my favorite of the two. 


Here's the first makeup look I did with Revealed 2, and it remains a fave. 


I've also been really into clothes lately (you know this if you follow me on Instagram), and I've found some amazing sales. These two beauties came from JCPenney recently. Anita from Anita Loves Books was in town visiting her mom, so we took an afternoon to lunch and shop! We both snatched up this striped Liz Claiborne sweater, and I couldn't resist this multi-colored polka dot blouse. 


I'm not sure if everyone would put their new Christmas tree on a faves list, but I love this thing. We put up our aging old tree the day after Thanksgiving, and before we knew it, it'd blown tons of lights. My mom called with the news that Home Depot had a Martha Stewart, LED, multi-function tree on sale for a wicked great price. We snapped up the last one, and it's definitely love. This booger has a remote control, and it can be set to multi-colored lights, clear, or a blinking combo of both! 


Do you see this face? How could he not be on my list? Greyson is going through one of those "I know everything and you can't convince me otherwise" phases, but he's still just as sweet as pie. Watching him enjoy the holiday season is definitely one of my favorite things. 

Now show me your favorites! 







19 comments:

  1. It was great that you chose to feature some beauty products. I especially liked The original Revealed palette. It looks like a great product, and it looks nice on you. So cute you included your little boy. He does look cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am so so so in loooove with those Revealed palettes. Great quality and affordable. WIN! And thank you for complimenting my boy. He's a stinker, but his smile saves him from trouble often. ;)

      Delete
  2. Your pre-scheduled post was very interesting! I had no idea for today: I should have published the same ;p

    I love your: 'I'm not sure if everyone would put their new Christmas tree on a faves list' :D If you love it, it had to be on the list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmkay, I definitely need to jump on the eos lip balm bandwagon! I've heard great things AND I'm obsessed with lip balms in general . . . and the kind I have right now? Not so great. To Target!

    And aww, Greyson. I'm sure seeing kids at Christmas is one of the best delights in the world. We haven't had little ones in my family in so long -- I know we're all eagerly anticipating Baby J's arrival so we can relive the magic and fun again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!!! Give it a try and let me know what you think. It really sticks! Having kiddos at Christmas time really changes the experience. My husband is fairly humbuggy, and he's even having a great time. :)

      Delete
  4. Awwww Greyson is such a cutie! Love your new Christmas tree and its nifty features!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Our first tree had a bow on top which made it "a girl tree" according to Greyson. He says this one is a boy tree because it has a star. I say this one is a boy tree because it has a remote. ;) *tongue firmly in cheek

      Delete
  5. Aww, I love this! I'm addicted to lip balm, but I'm happy with my plain old original Chapstick.

    I might have to get those eye shadow palettes! I've been coveting the Urban Decay ones but can't justify spending that much money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Leah! The eyeshadow palettes are really great. Super selection of colors, and the quality is good. I can't justify spending that much money either!

      Delete
  6. Ahhh! I just knew you were going to come up with a list of lifehacks that was going to make bloggy life better! However, this tip about the makeup made up for my disappointment over no lifehacks. If Santa doesn't bring me Naked3 (I've been VERY GOOD this year!) then I'm off to get those Revealed sets. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I'm absolutely deplorable with lifehacks. I need more hacking, for sure. I'm glad I could step up with the Revealed make-up hack, though! Seriously awesome.

      Delete
  7. Andi, I love how you put Greyson. I wish I would have put Daniel in mine, but I guess I was caught on the word "things" and took it literally. Anyway, what blessings we have in our two boys (and a good lip balm or two). ~Bellezza (dolcebellezza.net)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't resist. With that pic of him floating around on my phone, it was inevitable. ;)

      Delete
  8. This is great love the favorites! I need to think about doing this :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm thinking one of those Revealed palettes would make a great Christmas present for my kiddo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your fave things :) That last pic is the real gem. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope is my makeup guru. She wanted the Naked 2 palette and then discovered Maybelliene has a Nude palette that is smaller, but similar and it is only $13. She is also getting the Holiday Peppermint EOS in her stocking. She's been coventing that for a long time! I love this list, especially that cute, mischief-maker at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hello sir, I am quite happy to give the information already god, thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik