Thursday, January 15, 2015

Book Events to Blow Your Skirt Up!

Events events events! There are some great ones going on right now or getting ready to start up!


The Estella Society is doing a Valentine's-inspired readalong of Geek Love, by Katherine Dunn. This book continues to get lots of buzz for its weirdness, so what better book to choose for a February event? Definitely an unusual "love story." This one will start February 1, we'll do a halfway check-in on February 14, and we'll wrap up on February 28. #GeekLoveRAL 


Amanda from Fig and Thistle is hosting Be My Bookish Valentine: A Valentine Swap for Book Lovers! You can read all the instructions and start the sign-up process at Amanda's blog!  


And last, but certainly not least, my buddy Chris Arnone and I got together to collaborate on the Panels 2015 Read Harder (Comics) Challenge! We approached this challenge with an eye toward different kinds of comics, formats, and creators. We hope you'll check it out! 

What events are you excited about? 








16 comments:

  1. Hooray for events! I'm very much looking forward to the Bookish Valentine swap. I didn't participate in any Christmas swaps this year and I'm in the mood to shop for someone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me toooo! It's going to be so much fun. I love shopping for people.

      Delete
  2. Awesome! Thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure! So much good stuff.

      Delete
  3. I am tempted by Geek Love. I think I have it. Why, yes I do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I have a copy of Geek Love that's been sitting on my shelf for a while, and I haven't participated in a group read in forever! Hopefully I'll remember that this one is taking place and participate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know whether to thank you or shout at your for pointing me in the direction of the Panels challenge. My TBR has already grown hugely and I'm not even done checking out all the categories yet! So well done for getting me to move outside of Fables and The Sandman I guess :-)

    The Valentine's Swap looks fun, I'd sign up for it if I wasn't in the midst of organising the spring Ninja Book Swap! And I reaaallly want to read Geek Love with you all but my library doesn't have it and I'm on a 'read 5 buy 1' which I still have to read 3 more for... Doesn't look like it will happen in time! Enjoy though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Comics challenge! Gaahh! I really want to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm super stoked for the Valentine's Day swap!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't really have the time to participate :( But I'm looking forward to your discussion of Geek Love. Sounds like a pretty awesome read!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool challenge over there on Panels.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just checked, my library has an e-copy of Geek Love and I've been meaning to read it for so long.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't heard of Geek Love, so I am going to check it out now. It sounds very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Geek Love effin' rocks. It is perhaps one of the trippiest books I have ever read. I hope it gets lots of love!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Geek Love has been on my shelf for ages. I'm not making any promises yet but I may join in the readalong!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik