Wednesday, January 14, 2015

eShakti: Cute Clothes That Fit My Butt!

eShakti contacted me a few months ago about reviewing one of their products. Since I've wanted to try this site for a long while now, I jumped on the opportunity! Just like that, you've been disclaimed! 

eShakti is a clothing site with a wide range of sizes (0-36W), and they will customize the style and sizing on any of their items for an additional $7 over the cost of the garment. On the whole, I'd say the clothing runs in a middle price range. I see quite a few tops and dresses that are very comparable, price-wise, to other stores where I shop for plus size clothing, including Dress Barn or Lane Bryant. SO, let's get to the nitty gritty. 

When I saw this top, I knew it was the one! It's cinched in at the waist! It's a v-neck! It's GREEN! These are all things that look good on me. It seemed like a match made in style heaven. 

Pardon, this is a top similar to the one I ordered. Slightly different color, obviously.
I definitely wanted to get the most out of the service, since this was a promo item, so I took my measurements according to the site's directions (my husband only thought I was slightly crazy), chose to have the top shortened for my frame, and I hate long sleeves, so I opted for 3/4 length. 

Voila!


I am REALLY happy with the quality of this wrap top. The color is vibrant, the fabric is wonderful quality, and the construction was just right for my measurements. If I had bought this according to standard sizing, I don't think it would've worked at all (too big in the chest, too small in the 'tocks), but the custom sizing is seriously perfect, and I was really happy with the alterations I chose. This one will definitely be getting a lot of wear, and I'm already eyeballing several other garments on their site. 

I did notice around Christmas that eShakti had some GREAT sales! They also have a pretty robust sales section right now with the change of seasons coming up. If you feel like this site is out of your price range, definitely keep checking for those discounts, and it's TOTALLY worth the $7 to customize the clothing to your measurements. And think about it, you could NEVER get a piece of clothing tailored for that price. Not any tailors I've ever been to, anyway!

So yeah, I was stoked to share this one on Instagram as one of the "outfits of the day," and it'll be in heavy rotation during the work week.

Thanks, eShakti! Let's go out again sometime. 




36 comments:

  1. No way! I need to check this out, because clothes never ever fit right on me. You look fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally do. Their clothes are SO cute, and the custom sizing is so dreamy.

      Delete
  2. The idea about customizing your clothes is great, because when I go shopping I always think this or that piece of clothing would be better if...
    So glad they offered you to try their products!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It's a neverending problem for me, but this service is just awesome!

      Delete
  3. I would have also picked that shirt. Looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure what got me so hooked on this color, but I'm loving it hard! Thanks!

      Delete
  4. Noted! I love their dresses and skirts, but I've never actually ordered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have a little bit of a Mod Cloth vibe to me. Do you see it, too?

      Delete
  5. That green is gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thar shirt looks better on you than the pic!

    I checked out a few things on their site just now and I think their prices are pretty good. Some neat stuff on there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They are pretty good. Especially for the quality. When I got to feel this puppy, I was extra sold.

      Delete
  7. Customising clothing to fit me is the reason I started sewing again! It makes such a difference. This colour and shape looks wonderful on you Andi -- I agree about 3/4 sleeves too -- perfection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I wish I had the talent, but alas, I have to let someone else customize my clothes. lol

      Delete
  8. That looks super cute on you, and I love the color. A friend told me about eShakti years ago, but I've never actually purchased anything. Will definitely have to keep that in mind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Meg! It's totally worth trying out the site. :)

      Delete
  9. Very, very cute! Love that color. I could use some custom stuff. I have a terrible time fitting tops correctly. Wearing things that fit my...well endowed-ness always makes me look 15 months pregnant because the rest of the shirt is always too big. Blerg.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! My problem area is the junk in the trunk, as evidenced by the title of this. If it fits my hips, I look like I'm wearing a trash bag everywhere else.

      Delete
  10. A friend told me about eShakti a while ago (maybe when we were picking out dresses for my sister's wedding), and I've been meaning to give them a try. I wish I needed a new dress! I absolutely love buying new dresses, and I would totally try getting one from eShakti, but my love of new dresses means I currently have way more dresses than I need. :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't you use one more new dress? lol

      Delete
  11. I love this top on you!! As you've witnessed shopping for me is always a toss up. I think I'll be checking this site out soon. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, lovely! I want to do MUCH more ordering from them.

      Delete
  12. Customization! I need that! I now have no idea how we have ever survived without it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, me neither! I've seen the light!

      Delete
  13. I have never heard of this site before. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I'm glad to help spread the word since I had such a good experience.

      Delete
  14. shakti? Do they make yoga clothes? This top looks great on you.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think so, but it sounds like they should! :)

      Delete
  15. My friend Joules had them make a dress for her and she LOVED it. I've got to try out this custom size thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I was so excited because they hit me up not long after I saw her post. I was so so so excited!

      Delete
    2. OH my gosh, you guys are talking about ME! Teehee. I'm totally stalking your posts and came across this and it kind of made me giddy... ;)

      Delete
  16. Look at you, you cutie!! Gawgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The blouse looks lovely and it's great on you. I like green as well, it's such a vibrant color. I hope you get to wear it for a long time.

    I've nominated you for the One Lovely Blog Award. Congratulations!

    http://wrongspelling.com/?p=2039

    ReplyDelete
  18. That looks beautiful on you! Never heard of that site but looks like it's something worth checking out.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The green color looks amazing on you!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik