Thursday, January 22, 2015

That's Me, in the Wall Street Journal

Sometimes you write a blog post and then you get an email from the Wall Street Journal. Such was the case when I got an email on Tuesday asking  to interview me for an article on "no-makeup makeup." You might remember I wrote a post about it here earlier in the week. So after a quick phone call and a follow-up to fact check, I have a paragraph in a WSJ article today. It's titled, "It Takes a Lot of Makeup to Look Like None."


In my case, it really doesn't take a ton of makeup to look like none, but it's a good story nonetheless...

Beauty trendsetters are pushing a very particular look for spring: the bare face. And much to makeup companies' relief, it takes new products to achieve it.

“It's an aspirational look," says Jennifer Balbier, senior vice president of global product development for artistry brands, including MAC Cosmetics, at Estée Lauder Cos.

The fresh face is a swing of the style pendulum away from the camera-ready, fully made-up look of reality TV's Kardashian sisters. Social media helped spread that look, with product-laden video tutorials on YouTube drawing millions of views.

...Andi Miller, a 34-year-old mother of a 4-year-old who lives northeast of Dallas and works at a local university, says she sports the look several times a week. She says she has swapped her foundation for a BB cream, adds a little dark-circle corrector under her eyes and then swipes on some blush, light eye shadow and lip gloss. “For me, it's all about looking fresh and awake," she says, “like maybe I slept better than I really did."

There's MUCH more. It's a fairly long, in-depth article, but I was tickled to be the only "normal person" as one of my Facebook buddies said, to be included in the piece.

If you have a subscription or if the website just happens to let you view it, you can see the whole article here or in today's paper.

If you follow me on other social media channels, you've probably already seen this. Sorry to beat you over the head with it, but stuff like this doesn't happen too often 'round here! I'm cloud ninesy right now!




40 comments:

  1. So cool! I think I need to learn more about this BB cream I keep hearing about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was FAST! Too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So awesome -- congrats! And an excellent quote, too. Who doesn't want to look fresh and awake?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a flippin Make up/no make up Rock Star!!! So very cool. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME. Do they link to your blog in the article?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun! How great is that? We have a real celebrity book blogger now :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it!! You're so fancy, Ms. Andi!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay and congrats, Andi!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome! Thanks for sharing your part since I don't subscribe to the WSJ! You should totally frame this for your living room wall! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations!! That's awesome! And I think I need some of that dark circle corrector :) What do you recommend?

    ReplyDelete
  11. So happy for you,mAndi, to have this wonderful acknowledgement! (Red lipped girls need not apply. ��) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those two squares were a happy face on my iPad...

      Delete
  12. Yeeeeeeeeeehaw! My happy dance is the running man, and believe you me, I got some weird looks happy dancing on your behalf. Office Beagle totes gave me side eye.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cool! Who knew a post on what makeup you wear when you have allergies would lead to this?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This just makes me smile like a dope. It's so cool and you're so cool and hooray! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's amazing! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's so exiting! Congratulations Andi!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's awesome Andi! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey-o! Fame! Congratulations, Andi!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations, Andi! And I love your quote - don't we ALL want to look like we slept a little more than we really did? The quote is so completely you - love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is SO exciting, Andi! I want to look more wide awake and refreshed too! It's the perfect quote.

    ReplyDelete
  21. That's awesome, you Beauty Trendsetter!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is SO cool, Andi!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  23. So awesome!!! I think I'd be happy dancing all around the place.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just read this for the second time and think it's so wonderful! I've been telling people I know someone who was quoted in the WSJ. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, that is awesome! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm so late on commenting Andi but I did read this when it came out. So awesome! Congrats on being featured!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik