Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Blog Horn Blowin'!

I was sitting around trying to figure out what to write when it came to me! I read lots of blogs. Some bookish and some not, so I thought I'd share some non-bookish blogs with you all for a change. Some of these involve travel, some fashion, some food. You name it!

Image cred.

The Traveloggers are my amazing real life friends Katy and Albert. Katy and I worked together in a former life, and recently she and her husband got rid of their apartment, car, and put most of their belongings into storage and set out to travel the world. They're blogging as they go, and I'm loving it every step of the way.

Image cred. 
Putting Me Together is a down-to-earth style blog about shopping your own closet, using what you have in multiple ways, and choosing to buy clothing pieces that will work in multiple ways. I always get great clothing inspiration from this site.

Image cred.
Everyone may be super familiar with this blog already, but A Beautiful Mess is an "everything" blog run by two cool sisters. They cook, craft, decorate, style, and even have a book club. They also have a great photo app called A Beautiful Mess that does some incredibly cute things. 

Image cred.

Every time I think about Not Eating Out in New York, I mentally exclaim, "That's commitment!" This blog is committed to food that's healthy for the body and the environment. Sometimes the concoctions fall a little too far outside my comfort zone, but most of the time they're just right. 

There are LOTS more in my feed reader, so I'm sure I'll lay some more on you sometime, but let's start here and see how we do.

I'd love to know about any blogs you read and love that you feel a hankering to recommend!


24 comments:

  1. Great post idea! I'm going to check out that fashion blog...I definitely need tips like that! One of my friends writes a decorating blog I love (let me clarify: I do not like decorating nor am I good at it, but she has great tips and how to's for people like me!). Here's a recent post of hers about a full proof method for combining throw pillows:
    http://returntohomeinteriors.com/choose-perfect-throw-pillows-rule-3/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah! I am totally going to check out your friend's decorating blog. My itch to decorate comes and goes, and I need some inspiration!

      Delete
  2. I'm fairly certain everyone and their mother already knows about it, but I've never made a Smitten Kitchen recipe I didn't like. Hilarious writing and really accessible ingredients. http://smittenkitchen.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't make ENOUGH Smitten Kitchen recipes! I need to do that more. lol

      Delete
  3. That Not Eating Out blog has me drooling. Thanks so much! It's only 8:20 in the morning and I am now starving for lunch.

    I like Iowa Girl Eats, http://iowagirleats.com/

    She recently had to go gluten free but she makes lots of non-gluten free dishes too and her photography skills are pretty great. Makes me hungry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? Her stuff looks gooood. I'll definitely have to check out Iowa Girl Eats. Sounds like my kind of blog!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the recommendation for Putting Me Together -- I skimmed a few posts today and I love her style! And I agree with Iowa Girl Eats, her recipes always turn out well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does have a great, approachable, lovely style. And I'm so excited to discover Iowa Girl Eats!

      Delete
  5. OMG I totally want to create that paint glass project @ Beautiful Mess!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I mainly follow book blogs, but there are a couple of others that I religiously follow. The first is Gone With the Wynns. We're hoping to get an RV/trailer in the next couple of years, so this has been a great resource. And, of course, I always check out my daughter's fashion blog FashionJackson. I love her sense of style and have found a few things to buy for myself that I love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh fun! I want to check out Gone with the Wynns. What a fun blog title. And I LOVE Amy's blog. The clothing on her blog is absolutely gorgeous.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I love her clothes. If only I had her long legs (and slim figure!). Of course, I'd be broke... ;) Do you follow her on Instagram? I was stunned that she had so many followers!!

      Delete
  7. My favorite non-book blog is Brain Knows Better. The tagline is "the psychology of science fiction," and it's just full of geeky goodness (though new posts are pretty sporadic).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds COOL! Going to check it out! I can deal with sporadic. My feed reader is ridiculous.

      Delete
  8. I'm excited to follow your traveling friends! Travel blogs are my favorite nonbook blogs (since I'm not fashion conscious or have a home to renovate!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love me a good travel blog. I have to live vicariously because we don't travel much. Sigh! One day.

      Delete
  9. Love these! I've seen a few posts from the Putting Me Together blog on Pinterest, she's great! I love the travel blog too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I think that's how I found her. Love her stuff. :) Enjoy the travel blog! They're a great, fun couple. So sweet.

      Delete
  10. Good God woman stop giving me more reading to do!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun... I love to check out blogs that other people love. A beautiful mess is such a great blog... thank you for helping me discover it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this! My reader is so overwhelming already... I find most links through Twitter these days (I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but I really never got back on top of my RSS feeds after they killed Google Reader). These look lovely, though, so adding to Feedly and following on Twitter!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik