This ridonkulous makeup haul.
First, let's start with the products.
Foreground, starting on the left:
- Benefit Cosmetics "Hoola" bronzer
- Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour blush in "Exposed"
- Maybelline Color Tattoo cream eyeshadow in "Bad to the Bronze"
- Benefit "Bella Bomba" blush
- Benefit's "That Gal" brightening face primer
- Sephora Kiss Me tinted lip balm in "Soda Pop"
- Benefit's "It's Potent!" eye cream
- Maybelline Master Conceal (laying on its side)
- Benefit "Stay Don't Stray" eye primer
- Benefit "Benetint" cheek and lip tint
- Benefit "Ooh La Lift!" under eye brightener
- Benefit "High Beam" cream highlighter (almost out of the pic)
- Benefit "They're Real!" mascara
- Sephora + Pantone Color of the Year "Cooling Cheek, Eye, and Lip Tint" in "Marsala"
- Maybelline Master Prime face primer in "Blur + Smoothe"
- Tarte maracuja oil (laying on its side)
- Real Techniques version of the "beauty blender" sponge
- Maybelline Instage Age Rewind in the "brightener" shade (also laying on its side...nearly hidden)
Before y'all get too scared for the state of my wallet, all of the Benefit products are minis and came in a sample set that I got on sale (woot!). I also bought the Real Techniques sponge and maracuja oil with the same coupon. The blushes were gifts for Valentine's Day from family, and the Color Tattoo was a gift from my mom.
However, with all this makeupy goodness hanging out in my makeup bag I will not be buying for a while! I have a lot of stuff to use up, and I really do believe wholeheartedly in USING UP makeup that I buy. Some people collect it and let it sit around a quarter used, but makeup goes bad, and that, for me, is like burning money! Instead, I'm going to work my way through all of these products (mini and full size) to see how I like them. That was really the thought behind buying the Benefit sampler. I hear they have great products, but I don't have the scratch to buy full sized version and then not like them! This way I get a nice long trial out of each one. Do you know how long it takes to use up a sample? A long ass time!
So far, of the products I've used, these are my superstars:
- Benefit High Beam
- Benefit Ooh La Lift
- Maybelline Master Conceal
- Tarte "Exposed" blush
- Sephora Kiss Me balm
That's not to say the others aren't good, but these are the ones that shocked me with their awesomeness. I'll probably lump some of these together and review them, but in the meantime, tell me your faves if you've used any of these products.
Also, that haul photo has had over 520 likes on Instagram. Whoda thunk?