Saturday, February 14, 2015

Estella Sparkes: About That Makeup Haul

This ridonkulous makeup haul. 


First, let's start with the products. 

Foreground, starting on the left:

  • Benefit Cosmetics "Hoola" bronzer
  • Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour blush in "Exposed"
  • Maybelline Color Tattoo cream eyeshadow in "Bad to the Bronze"
  • Benefit "Bella Bomba" blush
Next row:
  • Benefit's "That Gal" brightening face primer
  • Sephora Kiss Me tinted lip balm in "Soda Pop"
  • Benefit's "It's Potent!" eye cream
  • Maybelline Master Conceal (laying on its side)
  • Benefit "Stay Don't Stray" eye primer
  • Benefit "Benetint" cheek and lip tint
  • Benefit "Ooh La Lift!" under eye brightener
  • Benefit "High Beam" cream highlighter (almost out of the pic)
Back row: 
  • Benefit "They're Real!" mascara
  • Sephora + Pantone Color of the Year "Cooling Cheek, Eye, and Lip Tint" in "Marsala"
  • Maybelline Master Prime face primer in "Blur + Smoothe"
  • Tarte maracuja oil (laying on its side)
  • Real Techniques version of the "beauty blender" sponge
  • Maybelline Instage Age Rewind in the "brightener" shade (also laying on its side...nearly hidden)
Before y'all get too scared for the state of my wallet, all of the Benefit products are minis and came in a sample set that I got on sale (woot!). I also bought the Real Techniques sponge and maracuja oil with the same coupon. The blushes were gifts for Valentine's Day from family, and the Color Tattoo was a gift from my mom. 

However, with all this makeupy goodness hanging out in my makeup bag I will not be buying for a while! I have a lot of stuff to use up, and I really do believe wholeheartedly in USING UP makeup that I buy. Some people collect it and let it sit around a quarter used, but makeup goes bad, and that, for me, is like burning money! Instead, I'm going to work my way through all of these products (mini and full size) to see how I like them. That was really the thought behind buying the Benefit sampler. I hear they have great products, but I don't have the scratch to buy full sized version and then not like them! This way I get a nice long trial out of each one. Do you know how long it takes to use up a sample? A long ass time! 

So far, of the products I've used, these are my superstars: 
  • Benefit High Beam
  • Benefit Ooh La Lift
  • Maybelline Master Conceal
  • Tarte "Exposed" blush
  • Sephora Kiss Me balm
That's not to say the others aren't good, but these are the ones that shocked me with their awesomeness. I'll probably lump some of these together and review them, but in the meantime, tell me your faves if you've used any of these products. 

Also, that haul photo has had over 520 likes on Instagram. Whoda thunk? 



5 comments:

  1. I've been really pleasantly surprised with the Maybelline products I've tried recently. They've really held up well compared to high end lines so I really should explore them further. I've been wanting to try the eye shadow from them. Don't you just love samples or travel sizes! I can never resist them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 520 likes! Wow I'm all private on Instagram.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun trying out all your new makeup and finding favorites! I'm fairly new to Tarte cosmetics and so far have been really impressed with them. Have you seen the new Tartelette palette? I really want it but I will hold off - I will! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't really do much in terms of makeup but it's lots of fun seeing what you're experimenting with!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GAW I am so obsessed with make-up lately myself. I love to see your posts about it and which products you love. So fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik