I thought long and hard about how to approach this milestone...contests? Giveaways? Confetti and balloons? There will be some of that, but I want to take a few minutes to reflect on the past decade. What it's meant to me...how it's shaped me. What the experience has given to me and what I hope to give back.
First and foremost I treasure the friends I've made through blogging, and that circle of friends seems to expand overwhelmingly every year. That is the greatest blessing. To know that there are literally hundreds, thousands of you who care enough to read here, follow along with my snarkiness on Twitter, or give me a heart on Instagram. You send well wishes, virtual hugs. You indulge me when I want to talk about things other than books. You still care. You are kind.
As a community we gather, read, talk, explore, disagree, and hopefully try to be better.
Sharing my love of reading and a number of other parts of my life--my family, passions, endeavors, insecurities, ambitions--is an act of faith. I think most readers would agree that reading inhabits a part of our soul like few other things do. It seems sacred at times. Precious, always. To be able to share it with like-minded individuals--as well as other parts of life outside the interwebs--is a supreme blessing. One I don't take lightly.
So what do I hope for the future? That we can...
- Tackle big issues
- Continue to explore our craft
- Expand the way we do things
- Read (and DNF) without pressure or guilt
- Write and share ourselves
- Strengthen our friendships
Up for grabs:
- $25 Amazon or B&N Gift e-gift card OR if you're international, a $25 BookDepository gift
- $25 Sephora e-gift card since I love makeup! (interational...read about shipping here)
- $10 Comixology e-gift card (international)
Enter the Rafflecopter below, and I'll announce winners on Monday, March 2.
a Rafflecopter giveaway