Saturday, March 14, 2015

Sisterhood of World Bloggers!

The ever-awesome Emily from Backlist Books nominated me for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers award. I don't always do these awards thingies, but the questions Emily wrote are just so much fun, I can't pass it up! 

I will answer the ten questions Emily wrote, and then I get to ask my nominees ten questions of my very own. Now, let's go!

What 2015 book are you most excited about? 

One of the few 2015 publications that's living on my Goodreads wishlist is Kelly Link's Get in Trouble, a collection of stories. I haven't read nearly enough of Link's work, but I have a sneaking suspicion that I will LOVE HER. 

Which blog did you discover recently that you can't believe you didn't know about? 

There have been SO MANY, and for that I am eternally grateful. Today I'll pick Lory from The Emerald City Book Review. Her posts are great and eclectic! 

What's the best book outside of your regular genres/topics/authors you've read in the past year? (You can extend this time-frame if you haven't been reading adventurously lately!)

I'll go with a comic on this one and choose Spider-Gwen! This is an alternative Spiderman universe where the spider hero in the house is a drummer named Gwen Stacy. 

Judging books by their covers: yay or nay? 

I don't make judgements based solely on covers, but they can definitely sway me to purchase a book. I am a sucker for great design, unique typography, and interesting illustration, so those things will hook me. 

What's your favourite book-to-movie adaptation?
Ohhhh, gosh! Now I'm drawing a blank! Let's go with Lord of the Rings. Both the book and the films are just stunning.

Which fictional world do you wish you could move into? 

The world of Harry Potter, for sure. I could definitely use a spell to make the dishes do themelves 

Hardcover or paperback? 

PAPERBACK! I'm insistent about it. I absolutely HATE holding hardcovers. I can never get comfortable. Also, I hate mass market paperbacks, so I'm almost strictly a trade girl.

How many books do you read in a week, on average, and are you happy with your number? 

Ehhh, one novel or one novel and a stack of single issue comics. I wish I could read more, but with a family, a couple of jobs, and extracurricular writing, there's just no way. 

Which books are on the top of your TBR list? 

  • Crazy Rich Asians, by Kevin Kwan
  • Strong Female Protagonist, by Brennan Lee Mulligan and Molly Ostertag
  • The Girl on the Train, by Paula Hawkins

Because this is Backlist Books, which books published at least a year ago are highest on your TBR?

I do LOVE me some backlist! Staring at me from the shelves: 

  • The Gravity of Birds, by Tracy Guzeman
  • Bone vol. 1, by Jeff Smith
  • 1Q84, by Haruki Murakami

My questions for YOU, reader, if you choose to undertake them:

1. Which book in your collection is closest to your heart for sentimental reasons? 
2. What is your favorite book-related website (outside of blogs)? 
3. In your mind, who is the best dressed character in literature (use your imagination)?
4. Which author would you like to be your BFF?
5. What is the scariest book you've ever read? 
6. Long books: rewarding or terrifying?
7. Which book cover in your collection would you love to frame and stick on the wall?
8. Which character do you wish could walk off the page and start his or her own blog? 
9. Most involving short book or short story you've read? 
10. Do you own any book-related accessories (tote bags, jewelry, scarves, etc.)? 

Now, I tag YOU! Because know, whoever you are, that you want to answer these questions and keep the fun rolling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

Images by Freepik