1. What are you reading right now?
10 pages of This is How You Lose Her, and then I'm diving into the most recent issue of Capture Creatures.
2. How many books have you read so far?
Ummm, most of one.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
I think I want to start Last Night at the Lobster by Stewart O'Nan.
4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
Always. One thing at a time when you're Readathonning!
5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
The fact that we're not trending as much this time! But there are some strong news stories vying for hashtag attention, I admit. With that in mind, my thoughts and prayers are with those affected by the Nepal earthquake. :(
How the hell is it Hour 10 already? I would say I'm kidding, but I'm really not. The last six hours I've done more co-hosty stuff, helped put out some fires and answer questions. And I also took a nap. I think it might've been my first-ever Readathon NAP! First! Really.
I am happy to report that I also read about 100 pages of This is How You Lose Her. I'm going to finish it off and then pick up some comics.
But for now...food! I've been snacking on and off, but I'm ready for something real. Real good. Hubs made the chicken cordon bleu casserole and roasted asparagus, and I'm off to stick my face in it. I'll be back with pics!
And I'm all like, "How the hell is it Hour 4 already?" Story of my readathon life right there. Coffee has been had, and I've managed to do these things:
- Commiserate with Heather (a lot, via text and Facebook message)
- Fix ALL THE LINKS to the Dewey store in the 24 hours worth of posts
- Emailed the cohosts twice
- Cheered for my YouTube team - #TEAMDOROTHY
- Did some Instagram posting and commenting
- Tried to save one challenge that didn't need saving (false alarm)
- Lots of love on Twitter to others, and you're sending a lot our way!
- Answered questions via email and social places
- Checked in over at Goodreads to see what's shaking in the group
- Watched my husband do house chores (he's the best!)
Now I'm off to grab a bite and a book. Hell yes.
Hour 0 - Pre-Readthon!
Happy Readathon, friends!!!! It was a too-late night last night and it's been a too-busy few weeks, so I'm ready to unfurl with a book today! But first things first...the opening meme!
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
Dallas, Texas! Sort of. Actually, northeast of Dallas in a quiet, rural area, perfect for Readathonning.
Check back here for more updates throughout the event!