Sunday, May 17, 2015

I Am Not a Deserter of Blogs

But man, every time I try to get back in the bloggy swing of things, life jumps up and trumps my plans.

Last Monday night, after Greyson came home from school, I noticed he seemed awfully warm. Yep, a temperature that fluctuated from 101 to round about 105. He also had a little cough, but nothing too serious. A doctor trip on Tuesday didn't turn up anything except "something viral." Fever continued through Wednesday evening, I kept him home from school on Thursday so he didn't overdo it, but he had to come home from school on Friday because that nasty fever was back again at nearly 102. Another trip to the doc didn't turn up anything new, but she thought she might hear a bit of a rattle in one lung, so three days of antibiotic it was.

He's been at his dad's all weekend since he's not contagious and in danger of infecting his siblings, so we'll see how we do when he gets home. I'm praying for no fever because if it comes back up, we have to make yet another trek to the doctor.

In iron infusion news, I have my fourth treatment tomorrow! Only one more to go after this. Last week was some brutal shit. I didn't even know IVs could hurt that much. I didn't drink enough water the day before the treatment, and finding a vein and getting the iron into it was woefully painful. I'm tanking up on water today, and if they can't find a vein, they can go into my foot. Bah!

I can definitely tell a difference in the way I feel after three treatments. The urge to eat ice (one of my major tip-offs) is totally gone. I also feel much more rested, and I hardly get winded anymore walking from here to there. Huzzah! Now let's just hope the good times keep on rolling for a long while and I don't have to have more infusions any time soon.

After a lot of slumpiness in May, including a nonexistent showing for Bout of Books this week, my slumptitude seems to be lifting. But you'll have to wait until tomorrow to see what I've been reading.

Happy Sunday, friends!

17 comments:

  1. It is so frustrating when your kids are sick and the doctors can't give you a definitive answer. I hope Greyson is better and I hope your treatment goes well tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you both feel better this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry your little guy has been sick. I hate viral things with kids - I'm not real patient about "just waiting it out." Glad that you are seeing some improvement with the infusions, though! Hopefully this will stick with you for a while. Hope this week is a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to hear the treatments are helping, but definitely keep chugging the water... getting an IV started when you're not fully hydrated is the worst! Hope the little guy is feeling better today, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry about your boy's sickness. Aren't those the most frustrating words - it's viral. Good luck to both you and him this week. And JoAnn's right - drink, drink, drink!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your son feels much much better when he comes back. Hope your iron infusion treatments end soon - glad that they are helping out as well. I hope the coming weeks have plenty of reading and blogging for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope the boy is feeling a little better. Viruses can be a real bitch. Those high fevers!

    I hope you feel better too. I got some of my results back and they were the worst they've ever been. Really not surprised. Doc on Friday. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate "something viral" so much, so very much. And my kid seems to always have it. I hope he feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poor kiddo. I hope he's doing better! I'm so glad to hear that your iron infusions are working! When I had mine I remember one nurse was great but the other one always had a hard time finding my vein. Ugh. Take care, Andi and here's to a good week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Poor guy! "Viral" is kind of catchall for "can't really do anything" ... except make him comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Poor Greyson! I hate it when kids are sick and there's no really answer as to what's going on inside their little bodies. Hope he's feeling better and that the fever doesn't return. Glad to know your infusions are doing the trick to your iron problem, although the I.V.s don't sound like any fun at all!!

    It's been almost 3 weeks since my last blog post. Finding it a wee bit difficult to get back in my groove and I'm toying with the idea of a very long bloggy break. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Poor little guy! If it's any help, I know like a dozen people who have had a high-fever-flu-like "something viral" in the past few months. And they're all doing a-okay now -- hope Greyson feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad you're feeling better, hope Greyson does too. Poor thing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Keep drinking that water, girl! It's so important. Kids will go through a run of catching everything, but then they get over it. It's frustrating at the time though. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad you're feeling a bit better. Another friend of mine is going through infusions as well and she mentioned not wanting to chomp on ice. I didn't realize that was a thing.

    Let's just blame the weather for the slumps. I KNOW I should be grateful that it isn't 100 degrees and dry as the desert, but the gloom for the past several months and the rain that won't stop has really been putting a damper on my mood. BRING ON THE SUN!!!

    Hope you have a great long weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik