Sunday, May 31, 2015

Sunday Salon: Tick Tock...the Weekend Slips Away

Image credit. 
I stole Heather's "Currently" lineup today. Go read her post
Right this minute | I've had breakfast, sucked down some coffee, did dishes, got the laundry going, had a shower, did hair and makeup, filmed a BookTube video, and fed the dogs. Now I have nothing to do except read until Greyson and David get home late this afternoon.
Feeling | Pretty good! I was a total slug yesterday. I slept toooo much and basically felt like a zombie all day. 
Reading | I ditched Crazy Rich Asians for the moment. I have an iffy relationship with satire that goes on too long, and at nearly 500 pages, this book is pushing my patience. I'm not anywhere close to finished, but if I'm already a little annoyed, I might as well move on to something else. I picked up Matrimony, by Joshua Henkin, which has been on my TBR for probably seven years. Shame on me! It's really good so far, and I think I'll blow through it pretty quickly. I'm also still reading The Argonauts by Maggie Nelson. It's a thinky little book, and I'm soaking it up a bit at a time to try and get everything I can out of it. Finally, I picked up the most recent Ms. Marvel trade. This one is called "Generation Why." Absolutely love it so far. I just finished a section with a cameo from Wolverine! 


Listening | To a lot of Taylor Swift. Stop looking at me that way. "Bad Blood" is addictive. And that video with all the lady ass kicking. 


Watching | The Layover! I rarely watch TV during the week, but I do love some Tony Bourdain on the weekends.

Promoting | The Estella Project, Season 3!!! Today is the last day to submit a book! The list of Must Read Books will go up tomorrow!


Loving | The best husband ever. He's been out of town for part of the week, and he may be out of town part of next week. He does sooooo much around here, and he's so supportive. I'm blessed.
Hating | Iron infusions. I thought I was done with my fifth one last week. Hematologist wants to sneak in two more. At least they gave me a week off for my veins to get right. 
Eating | Whatever the hell I want. Mexican food, chocolate, wasabi soy almonds. I need to reign it in.
Exercising | Since I have had five iron infusions my fatigue is not nearly as bad. Not as short of breath. I'm planning to spring for some custom-fit running shoes soon and start walking/jogging.

BookTubing | Yes! For the first time in ages. Check out this comics roundup I posted this morning. There's much gushing about Nimona, by Noelle Stevenson.



Happy Sunday, friends! I hope the day is good to you! 

Join the Facebook group! 

20 comments:

  1. I blame my Taylor Swift-listening on my three year old, but, yeah. It's good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, definitely! Greyson always makes me turn the radio down when we're in the car, or else I'd blame it on him.

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to see which books get picked tomorrow for the Estella Project! I'm like a little kid who's giddy with excitement. Why couldn't the "Bad Blood" video be longer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me tooooo! And I feel the same way. I can never watch it just once. I practically have it on repeat.

      Delete
  3. Crazy Rich Asians is tempting, but 500 pages of satire might be too much for me, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, I'm glad you're booktubing again! Sorry about the iron infusions. That sounds very unpleasant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My wife really likes Anthony Bourdain too. Me? I don't know. I think he's got a bit of a problem with his language. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel like the last one in the world to hop on the Ms. Marvel train, but I'm really hoping to read it soon. I hope you enjoyed your peace and quiet today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't realize Crazy Rich Asians was that long! Good for you for setting it aside when it wasn't working - hoping your other books do the trick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish my library would go ahead and get the Ms Marvel books - I cannot wait to read them.

    I also have Crazy Rich Asians on my shelves but I am honestly not feeling eager to read it. Now that you mention the satire, I feel even less inclined.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aaron loves those wasabi soy almonds. I'm more into the Habanero BBQ. I just saw today they came out with Sriracha flavored!

    Glad you're having a lazy weekend and am getting a break from the iron. I hate you're getting more, but I hope they also get you right! Now buy that fish for your pot! :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. All the fun times pass way too quickly. I hate that you have to have more iron infusions. Bleh.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thinking about you with these next infusions. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the Estella reminder. I got to get over there!
    I love the Layover. I think I like the realistic "Hey, you're not going to see everything in Rome, so let's break down the important stuff"

    ReplyDelete
  13. I felt exactly the same way about Crazy Rich Asians....kind of fun for awhile, but went on way too long. I think it would make a much better Bravo reality show than a book! And, I love me some Taylor Swift as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That tick tock of the weekend clock pisses me off. Weekends fly by and the work week drags like time doesn't exist. That blows!

    I am so freakin' tired. The low iron, lack of sleep, too much crap this past week and weekend and well, my giving zero F*cks leads to my sunny disposition this afternoon.

    Really. I am okay. Just dramatic and would kill for an iced coffee right now.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Taylor though I don't always willingly admit it! Bad Blood is pretty awesome and I've had Blank Space going through my head for months! I can see how Crazy Rich Asians would get a bit tedious. 500 pages is a lot of satire. So sorry about the iron supplements. Does not sound like fun but I'm glad you're starting to get some energy again. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've had a copy of Matrimony on my shelf for about the same length of time! I'm pretty sure the author sent it to me and I've meant to read it, but...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wasabi soy almonds! Is that...delicious? It sounds like I am not sure if that sounds delicious hmmmmm and I will probably maybe stick with chocolate almonds.

    And also: Nimonaaaaaaaaaaaa! BEST. (I think it's going to be my favorite comic of 2015 too. I read The Wicked + the Divine this year, and that was awesome, but it's not a finished story, and Nimona is.)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Heather, if you like sriracha almonds, you should try sriracha cashews. One of my favorite addictions this year.

    Your iron infusions do not sound like a good time at all. Sorry. Good thing they make you feel so much better.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik