Sunday, May 03, 2015

The Week That is Over (Thank God)

This. Week.

I've missed y'all SO much! Sorry I fell off the face of the earth right after Readathon. Here's the rundown:

I had my first iron infusion (of a series of five) on Monday. I didn't have much in the way of side effects, but I did go home afterward and sleep for four hours. Not sure if that was infusion-related or part of the Readathon hangover. I had some unsavory side effects that caught up with me later in the week, but I'm better prepared to deal with those in the next four weeks. Silver lining.


David was out of town this week, so I was single parenting. Normally that's not a big deal, but I was wrangling with some major exhaustion all week. That could be iron-related or it could be related to the storm of work shit that made me want to quit this week. Sadly, nothing new there.


Chuck drove out late in the week for a glowing parent-teacher conference. Those of you who follow me on Twitter and Facebook will probably remember that I've had hell with Greyson's pre-school this semester. Now that we're all on the same page and his teacher is talking to me rather than bargaining with him, it seems his issues have resolved. Freaking surprise. Mom wins.

We also got Greyson registered for kindergarten which makes me teary just thinking about it. Two of the three kindergarten teachers were teaching when I was in kindergarten. It makes me smile that I, or my mom, will know Greyson is in trouble before Greyson knows he's in trouble. The chorus of "I know your grandma," started as soon as we walked in the door. For the record, my mom is City Secretary and knows everyone. That's besides the fact that my family has been rooted here for a couple of generations. Small towns rock when you're parenting.

After spending all of yesterday in bed sleeping and watching movies, because I haven't had a day like that in months, I spent this morning cleaning the house, and now I'm hunkered down to grade the final assignments for my online classes. So ready to be done. Bring on the summer.


Alas, no reading this week. Also, no writing fun stuff like blogs or Book Riot or Panels pieces. If I can power through these last few days I'm home free and can't wait to resume a normal, bookish schedule.

How are YOU? 


20 comments:

  1. Communication from schools never ceases to amaze me. A teacher told a friend of mine she didn't let her know about her child's behavior because she "didn't want to get him in trouble." Um, if he's misbehaving, shouldn't he be in trouble? His behavior will only improve if teacher and parent present a united front.

    I hope your infusions go well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this sounds like a rough week! I hope next goes more smoothly :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Bring on summer" indeed. New week, new month! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I share the iron problem, as we have discussed before but they just let me go on living like this and now I am used to the exhaustion. I don't think I look all that great though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I share the iron problem, as we have discussed before but they just let me go on living like this and now I am used to the exhaustion. I don't think I look all that great though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your infusions go well and your work drama reduces somewhat. It sure is fun when the teachers know you very well. :-) Though, as a student I remember not liking it at all because I couldn't afford to be naughty, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. *big, big hugs*

    I'm glad it seems like the school issues are clearing up. That sounded like some madness! Now only if your job could follow suit...

    I hope things get better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! It sounds like you had a week of everything at the same time. I am glad that it is behind you and that you were able to treat yourself to a well deserved day of rest.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww. I hope summer comes here in a blink! You really need some time to relax and just enjoy yourself. Anemia sucks. I'm taking iron pills right now and can't imagine having to get transfusions. Fingers crossed that the last round of transfusions will be the last you'll ever need.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ROUGH week! I hope this week ahead is much better to you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so sorry to hear about your rough week. Let's hope next week is much better!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Grading is the bane of my existence. And I'm totally with you on small town parenting rocks. It takes a village to rat out a child. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad to see you back, but sorry to hear things have been so rough! Hoping everything lines up and you can enjoy a nice summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You CAN power through these next few weeks! I hope things improve for you this week. If not, I'm here for you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad that things got resolved with the little man! I don't blame you for getting no reading done! Hope this whole week is better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. All the stress!! I sure hope this week is off to a better start :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope you are feeling much better. I get that exhaustion thing...I'm thinking I need to get my CFS diagnosis looked into by my new doctor. Last one said I think this is it, and then nothing. So I'm kinda clueless, but exhausted nonetheless.

    And small towns do rock when parenting! Related to a good number of students at my school or their parents know some generation of my husband's family as friends, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So glad to hear that you've resolved things with Greyson's school! What a nightmare but at least it finally worked out. Good luck with those infusions!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hope your iron infusions start to help with the fatigue, soon.

    Being in a small town didn't help us with school issues but it did have its advantages. I'm glad you worked things out and how cool that you know so many teachers. That should definitely help!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ugh. I just...just ugh. I'm glad things are going better. Now if we can just fix the job!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik