Sunday, June 14, 2015

Sunday Salon: Recovery Day

As usual, I stole Heather's format. Happy Sunday!

Right this minute | I just finished breakfast...Swiss cake rolls...and a handful of Aleve. 

Feeling | Slowwwww. I spent a glorious day with my favorite in-everyday-life women friends yesterday. I wish Heather and all of you could've come with! We started with a trip to Lafayette's a Cajun and seafood joint out here in the sticks. It's BYOB so we had a tub of very strong Jello shots, a bottle of lemon drops, two beers, and four fruity drinks split between us. We ordered the combo for four which was: fried catfish, fried shrimp, boiled shrimp, and fried crawfish tails with corn and potatoes, onion rings, french fries, and cole slaw on the side. And fried pickles and hushpuppies! Can't forget those. Whoa. It was significant, and while the food ultimately beat us, we had a damn fine time trying to conquer. Then we made a beer run, came back to my house, and spent the afternoon polishing off more alcohol than I've seen since my grad school partying days. I feel better today than I expected to! 
Reading | Nada. Can't seem to settle into anything. I'm open to ideas!
Listening | "Trini Dem Girls" by Nicki Minaj. It's just so damn catchy. 
Some favorite drugstore-priced makeup from ColourPop!
Blogging | I looked at some of my favorite drugstore makeup, and I reviewed one of my favorite books of the year in this post, "5 Reasons to Read Nimona, a Badass Who Won't Quit!" 
Promoting | The Estella Project, Season 3! Such a great list of books!
Loving | That my sweet husband cleaned while I was out yesterday. It's so nice to come home to a good-lookin' abode. Now I just need to get in Greyson's room and do some cleaning out and rearranging. 
Hating | This headache. 
Exercising | Not yet, but I do have big plans to go get fitted for some walking/running shoes. Now that I have blood and all from the iron infusions, I really want to get outside in the mornings and work out. 
Anticipating | Some potential BS at work this week. Send a good thought my way.
Meal Planning|  Yes, let's! We have some chicken, squash from our garden, pineapple chunks, and hopefully some bell peppers to make teriyaki skewers. We also have some pork chops thawing. Ideally I'd love to make cheese enchiladas and drape some slow cooked pork over the top. What else? Maybe a breakfast casserole. An easy crowd pleaser for a lazy night. 
Join the Facebook group!


38 comments:

  1. Your outing yesterday sounds like so much fun! I hope things go okay at work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great! So much laughter, and much needed.

      Delete
  2. I am so completely jelly. I could have loved to have been there!! My mouth is watering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girlll, I wish you were here. You would love the ladies I was hanging with, and the food, of course.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you had a great time :) I'm envious of the squash from the garden!! IEvery winter I have intentions of planting a nice little garden but just never get it done.

    Drink lots of water too.... I hate that as I get ....more mature... I'm WAY more susceptible to the effects of a fun night out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband is the real trooper when it comes to planting a garden. Mostly I just remind him to water it, and I cook the veggies when they come in the house. lol We figured out a system of square foot gardening that really works for us. It seems to keep us in veggies without providing so much that there's waste. A happy medium. I love it!

      I definitely got my fill of water. I hate feeling parched after a day of fun.

      Delete
  4. Mmmmmm fried pickles. And that's some mighty pretty makeup you've got there, lady. I'm a little jealous of both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm a sucker for pretty makeup, and this one was totally worth the purchase. And those fried pickles...ugh. Can't get enough!

      Delete
  5. the older I get the longer it takes me to recover from one of those fun-filled, alcohol-fueled nights. I want those hushpuppies. Looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesssss, this. So true for me, too. I never felt crappy when I was younger, but now it's all about water and trying to get up the next day. lol

      Delete
  6. Mmmm fried pickles and hush puppies! Those words make me long for my time living in the south! I really only miss the food though.... could do without the sweltering heat, bugs, and snakes. And sometimes, it really is just the best thing ever to cut loose, and deal with the consequences (headache, in your case) the next day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were sooo goooood. And yeah, the mosquitoes here are the size of mini-vans. Sucks! It was an excellent cut loose day!

      Delete
  7. Sounds like you needed that day yesterday to have some fun before this coming work week. Hope things aren't too bad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did. Hopefully it doesn't suck too much! I hold out hope.

      Delete
  8. Hope you are able to get some solid rest today!

    Readerbuzz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did! It was much needed.

      Delete
  9. That sounds like a lot of fun! I'm glad you had a great time and I hope you find something to read this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was wonderful. I've had such terrible brain clouds when it comes to reading lately. Maybe I should unplug so I don't have any other choices of things to do with my time. lol

      Delete
  10. Yesterday sounds like it was fun and delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So fun and sooooo delicious. Now I just need some Gouda. Hint hint.

      Delete
  11. Yum! I haven't had fried pickles in forever. So yummy! Sounds like you had a very fun and well deserved day. Good luck getting back into the swing of things exercise-wise. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This place makes the best around here. NEVER try the ones from Chili's. Terrible. Absolutely unacceptable. Send prayers re: exercise.

      Delete
  12. I need to get back to working out more regularly too. I wish it wasn't so hot now so I could go for my outdoor walks but I just can't in this heat. And, we haven't even hit 100 I think. Hope you have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to go in the mornings. That's the only time I can stand it. And I mean like 5:30 am. Ughhhh!

      Delete
  13. Meal planning. Definitely. I'm trying to do the week's menu every Sunday and plan the grocery shopping. I succeed about 70% of the time, and about 50% of the time things actually work out the way I planned. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. My percentages aren't great, but they'll get better with time, right?? lol

      Delete
  14. Hey hey, I picked up a new pair of kicks too. They are already making a world of difference. My feet aren't 22 anymore, ha, I needed something to really support me. :D Speaking of not being 22, you did well with all that booze and not feeling toooooo awful aftewards. Way to go! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What kind did you get? The last ones I bought were on-sale Reeboks, and there was a reason they were on sale. So uncomfortable!

      Delete
  15. Your bucket of booze was so tempting! I was in the throes of backstage hell and heat, so anything on ice made my mouth water!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Lordy, that sounds terrible. I hope you're sufficiently chilled now!

      Delete
  16. My mouth is watering just reading about all of that glorious food! (Fried pickles, mm!) It sounds like you had a lovely, much-needed day of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, it was ridiculous and amazing.

      Delete
  17. Your breakfast really sets the stage for this post, doesn't it? Girl, I almost felt your headache from WAY over here. That food! MY goodness. I was feeling out of sorts when I got dragged to see San Andreas this past weekend but my Hub took me to a BBQ joint and I must say, the restorative properties of beef brisket and slaw is like, seriously amazing. I ending up liking the movie quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mm, enchiladas with pork on top. You should definitely do that. I made black bean and avocado enchiladas last week and apart from them being insanely too hot because I mixed up my chile powders when I was making the enchilada sauce, they were deeeelish. (I added sour cream later, to cut the spice. It worked out okay.)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your outing sounds so good!! And that food looks yummy as well. I love it when I come home and my husband has taken care of most of the chores. Feels so good! Lately, he has been doing it everyday since I am pregnant, so very very appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I want both your piles and piles of fried seafood and your beautiful Colour Pop collection. I'm glad that you're feeling well enough to get back into exercising!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh man, I love fried pickles more than any person should love any fried thing. I wish I could have been there. When is apparation going to happen?! #piningforhogwarts

    ReplyDelete
  22. That ColourPop box looks so pretty! I'm going to check out their website!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik