Sunday, June 07, 2015

The Estella Project, Season 3 TBR


It's that time o'year when Heather and I solicit BEST BOOK recommendations from the blogosphere and challenge you to read some over the summer. Here's the full list of "rules." 

Go forth and read! Choose 1, 2, 3 or MORE books from the list below! As you finish a book, feel free to comment or link up over at estellasociety.com. The challenge wraps up on September 1, and don’t forget to hashtag #EstellaProject3 on Twitter or Instragram!


  • Citizen: An American Lyric by Claudia Rankine
  • A Tale for the Time Being by Ruth Ozeki
  • The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
  • The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle
  • Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
  • Alias Hook by Lisa Jensen
  • The Martian by Andy Weir
  • The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
  • Where’d You Go, Bernadette? by Maria Semple
  • Tiny Beautiful Things by Cheryl Strayed
  • The Luminaries by Eleanor Catton
  • When Books Went to War: The Stories That Helped Us Win World War II by Molly Guptill Manning
  • The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bronte
  • Seconds by Bryan Lee O’Malley
  • Tales from Outer Suburbia by Shaun Tan
  • The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay by Michael Chabon
  • Girl in the Dark by Anna Lyndsay
  • It’s What I Do by Lynsay Addario

Out of these totally awesome choices, I'll be attempting to read: 





The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bronte
The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay by Michael Chabon (a yearly attempt)
A Tale for the Time Being by Ruth Ozeki (it's been sitting unfinished for months)
Alternate: Alias Hook by Lisa Jensen

Good times shall be had by all! I hope you'll join us!

If you're interested in what else is on my potential summer 2015 TBR, watch this!

17 comments:

  1. Good grief, will I ever be able to leave my comment! I hate Google today.

    ANYWAY.

    I had to laugh at your yearly attempt! It will stick sooner or later, I just know it! ::stink eye::

    We have such a great list of books this year! So excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I'm glad it finally let you. It totally will. It almost stuck last year, so if I can just SIT DOWN and stop cleaning the kitchen when it's reading time.

      Delete
  2. Love how you are issuing this challenge to the large group. Hope your choices work great for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We try! I hope they do, too!

      Delete
  3. Ooh, I have some of these on my TBR stack so this would be a perfect time to read them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, that's what I'm hoping to do. My TBR could use some lightening up!

      Delete
  4. Ooh - Girl in the Dark is on my TBR...I was planning to save it for Nonfiction Nov, but maybe I'll squeeze it in this summer for this if I have time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been meaning to get to The Shadow of the Wind for years. Perhaps now is the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fun book for book lovers. :)

      Delete
  6. I'll probably read A Tale For The Time Being for my own Japanese Literature Challenge (a chance to double dip), but my goodness how I loved The Night Circus and The Luminaries. I could almost read each of those again, and The Tenet of Wildliffe Hall. So many good choices!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I *loved* the Ozeki book! Great choice. I might have to pick one of these myself and read along.... Hmm... Why do you tempt me? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice TBR video. Good luck with the Chabon. I need to read that one too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Tenant of Wildfell Hall is my all-time favorite Bronte. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Tenant of Wildfell Hall is my all-time favorite Bronte. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been meaning to get to Kavalier & Clay, and Tenant of Wildfell Hall is on my Classics Club list. I hope I can get to at least one this summer!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik