Friday, June 05, 2015

Twitter + Books = Amusing Bits

I was futzing around on Twitter today, and lots of conversations converged to make for some fun bits and bobs I thought I'd share!

Image credit plus a bunch more quotes!
Hagrid summarizes my motto in life. Though I may get hung up on the crazy stuff (like in my last post), ultimately I'm a "take it as it comes" kind of girl.

Non-compliant tattoos are popping up everywhere, thanks to Bitch Planet. You can read more in the Book Riot article, "We Are Non-Compliant and We Are Legion." I really am drawn to this sort of tattoo, but I don't love the blocky NC that most people are getting. While it's true to the comic, I did live in North Carolina for a while, and that's stuck in my head. I'm leaning more toward something like this on my inner forearm.
So we're getting further down the rabbit hole now. Since we're talking about Bitch Planet, there's an interview with one of the creators, Kelly Sue DeConnick, on Panels today, and since KSD mentioned "women of vengeance stories," I got to Googling and came up with this list of true-life lady revenge. Whoa! You'll learn somethin' some kinda way.

And circling back to tattoos--because why not--there's this beautiful pile of books. Stick an owl on it, and you have my dream tat. 

Image credit. 
And on a fairly unbookish note, this rolled through my Facebook feed, and I could. not. stop watching. #choreographylove


  1. Oh my god, that video is amazing. That choreography. Amazing. And Hip Hop Kid!

    Can't wait to see what you settle on for your non-compliant tattoo!

    1. Isn't it? It might have been playing on loop all day. Maybeeee.

  2. Okay, that dancing... love it to bits. If my body moved that way I'd be way ahead of the game.

  3. That video! I so wish I had that much control over my body.

    1. Me too! I was dancing around the office...flailing basically....on Friday after I watched it. lol

  4. Whoa! It would be so cool to be a great hip hop dancer!

  5. Oh that list of true life revenge was crazy!


Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

Images by Freepik