Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Estella Sparkles: A Product to Baby-Buttify Your Face

Not kidding. Want baby's butt face skin? Follow me...

In watching beauty videos on YouTube I saw a couple of people mention the Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair moisturizer with retinol and SPF 30. I'm always trying to find the right SPF for my face because we've gotta keep this business from getting damaged. I mean, it's my face. I'm stuck with it forever more. I've also heard good things about retinol, so I had hubs pick it up when he went out grocery shopping.

I kinda forgot that retinol can make peeling skin happen, so the first time I used it, during the daytime hours, I ended up with LOTS of flaky dry patches by day's end. I went home, exfoliated lightly, and then....MY FACE LOOKED AMAZING.

I'm in a constant battle with my dry skin. I don't have blemishes and breakouts very often, so in photos people tend to think I have great skin, but what you can't see on Instagram are the fine lines and craggy dry patches, also, texture. My face wish always seems to be brighter, smoother skin...not less wrinkles necessarily. Hydrated wrinkles. How about that?

Since I figured out that the retinol makes my skin flake a bit, I've been using this product every couple of nights, and I get the same great effects without skin-flake snow-covered boobs. Sad truth right there, kids.

Anyway, once you use retinol a bit, the flaking does go to the wayside. I don't notice many flakes now, so I might actually be able to use this one in the daytime and take advantage of its SPF (which, while we're typing about it, doesn't make me break out). There are also other products in the Rapid Wrinkle Repair line that have a higher concentration of retinol (better for people with oilier skin).

Long story short: love this stuff, and it's only around $16 at the drug store. WAYYYY cheaper than the high-end versions.


14 comments:

  1. Considering how much trouble I have with my complexion, this might be a great thing for me to check out. Neutrogena has always been a reliable product for me, but I've never used anything like this. Thanks for the flake-warning. I'm not sure what will happen to my face, which is so dehydrated that it's extremely oily (tell me how that makes sense, but after several dermatologists and facial people say the same...). We'll see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck! If you're prone to complexion issues you might want to go with one of the formulas that is free of SPF. I'd also Google this "Rapid Wrinkle Repair" line to get a little summary of all the products. You might find that one sounds better suited to your skin tha others.

      Delete
  2. I'll have to try this one! After accidentally turning my phone camera on facing me I started using L'Oreal Deep Wrinkle night cream (or something like that) and really like it but I'd like something for daytime as well and I really like Neutrogena's skin care products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Oh I've been there with the unexpected phone camera facing me.

      Delete
  3. I'm going to give this a try. My skin is often breaking out and as a result, it just doesn't glow or look like much nowadays. Do you know anything that makes pores look smaller?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm, I can't think of a face care product that minimizes pores....just primers that go under makeup that work about half the time. I'll keep an eye out for you!

      Delete
  4. I really like RoC Deep Wrinkle Cream for my Retinol product but it has no SPF so it's strictly a nighttime gig. I just bought an Aveeno SPF cream to share with The Girl because she claims that she never wants wrinkles (she is 11) but that the Cetaphil SPF cream we use makes her break out. She's a tween. I think she just breaks out now because my skin is so damn sensitive and the Cetaphil cream is like going naked IMO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to look into the Deep Wrinkle Cream! I'm really digging the Retinol, and I think I want to step up my game with the nighttime products soon.

      Delete
  5. Hm! Will have try this. Although I do have problems with acne so, we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love retinol. I need a product like this, but I do break out something awful. However, the corners of my mouth and nose are almost always cracked and peeling, so figure that one out. I'll have to try a retinol cream at night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a spot along my chin that gets so dry it breaks out. I've never figured that out.

      Delete
  7. Excellent! Although I will want to watch for that snow on the boobs effect. Not a look I'm guessing a person wants to sport around the office.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect timing- I need a new daily moisturizer! I am a long time Olay fan but they don't use retinol and I'm to the point where I think it's a necessity (read: old). I use a ROC product at night but not regularly.

    So glad I stopped by, I'm definitely going to check out the Neutrogena products.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik