Sunday, September 27, 2015

Currently // Runnin' and Funnin'

Whew! Busy week. I feel like I've been running around like a mad woman, but there were definitely plenty of fun parts, too.

Right This Minute | I'm computing while David and Greyson are gone to the playground. While the boy is usually at his dad's on the weekend, Dad had an out of town trip this weekend, so G stayed with us. We always loving having him home, so we took time out to do some special things.


We spent Saturday night grabbing the best burgers in town, and then we walked through the university's tailgate, and attended the football game. Greyson enjoyed the spectacle of it all, but he was really only good for one quarter when it came to attention span. He colored on my phone through the second quarter, tuned back in for halftime, and we made our way home after that. We missed half of a really good game, but it was a lot of fun to introduce him to his first big sporting event. 

Feeling | Fairly low key at the moment. Today we had lunch with Greyson's dad and stepmom. Awesome pizza with a lake view!

Reading | I'm finishing up Wintersmith by Terry Pratchett. I really should've been able to finish it sooner, but this was a non-reading week for the most part. I plan to polish it off tonight, and I started this chunky monkey for RIPX...


I'm only about 15 pages in, so my thoughts aren't too coherent yet, but I do like the "voice" of this one so far. I like the setting and the atmosphere. Bring on the rest! 

Listening | I love a good podcast, and this week it's been All the Books from Book Riot. Liberty Hardy reads more books than anyone I've ever seen. If you don't believe me, look at her Instagram.

Blogging | Makeup! I did a review of the Too Faced Born This Way foundation this week. I've just been in the mood to try new stuff, so I figured I'd review some of it for those who are interested. Coming up later this week, some high-dolla lipsticks. 

Loving | Fall! Who am I kidding? It still doesn't FEEL like fall in Texas. It's in the 90s everyday, but that's better than triple digits! The mornings are what really gets me. It's in the 60s and feels so crisp and nice. I went on and fired up a Bath and Body Works Pumpkin Pecan Waffle candle. Mmmm!

Hating | Kindergarten. Who knew of all the stress for the mama?



Eating | All the things! A new diner opened up just behind my office building at the university, and it is SO GOOD. We went twice last week. First was breakfast and I got some of the best migas I've ever had in life...so flavorful and a bit spicy. Friday for lunch I snagged the chicken fried chicken, mac and cheese, and mashed potatoes. I even grabbed a piece of coconut pie to go. It was a comfort food kinda week. 

Meal Planning | Need to do that! Really. Really need to. 





11 comments:

  1. A football game is a lot for a 5 year old so I think Greyson did well to last as long as he did. I'm sorry kindergarten isn't going well right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot to take in. He really liked being able to be loud at some moments. He was out like a light when we got him home. :) Kindergarten is shaping up, but it was a rough start.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a overall good week... I think. I hope. Let's go with yes.
    I saw The Quick on my friend's bookshelf the other day and thought of you. Glad to hear you're making progress. I might have to borrow it from the friend if you end up having something positive to say about it. Otherwise, I'll stick to the other 31424352432 books I have to read still. :)
    My books/life for the week: http://jmillwanders.com/2015/09/28/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-6/

    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, kindergarten is stressful for the mama! I wish I could tell you it gets easier, but I still do a fair amount of fretting about my 2nd grader....

    I love podcasts too! They are great for listening to while washing up the dinner dishes or cleaning the bathroom. I haven't listened to All the Books yet, but I usually listen to the weekly podcast and I've recently picked a few of the Bookish Lives ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's definitely fall here in Pennsylvania. Getting cold at night and not much warmer during the day. I think for us, the transition, though, was harsh because we didn't have summer all summer and then suddenly summer happened (high 80s and 90s for us) and then fall came. Brrrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You killed me with that food post. Yummy! Not anything I can have but I can dream, right?

    I had no idea The Quick was a chunkster. I have yet to start it because I am so far behind with my book club book. It's on my Kindle though. I have high hopes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kudos to Greyson for making it through any of a football game! There is no way my 4.5 year old could do it! And, much to my husband's chagrin, he's not even really into watching it on TV. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, how fun to take Greyson to a football game and a tailgate! That sounds wonderful! And a new delicious diner near work sounds ALSO very amazing. Good lunch choices near work are wondrous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, you did get some good eats last week! I wish we had a great diner nearby. That chicken fried chicken looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. golly, I don't even know what a miga is! You've got LOTS of great lookin' books to read - yowza. Seems like the Greyson Intro to Football Games went well. Everything in moderation to the attention span, yes? I wish my first NFL game had the same itinerary - I was SO bored and ready to leave at half time. But that was years ago and the last time I went, I had a blast the entire game. Depends on the seats, perhaps, too... ;P

    ReplyDelete
  10. Greyson did better than my two ever did, and they were at least five years older than him before we introduced them to college football. To this day, if you give them the choice of attending or sitting at home, they would choose home. #momfail

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik