Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Dog Days of Summer Readathon Reading List!


It's a readathon weekend! Not THAT readathon, the Dog Days of Summer Readathon! This one is an informal, anything goes type of event hosted over at The Estella Society. You can sign up formally, or you can jump on in if the mood strikes.

In the past we've made this a "re-read things that make you nostalgic" type of event, but it's REALLY anything goes this time. I'm thinking of focusing on short works like stories, novellas, and maybe some comics issues.



Just in comics, I have 
  • Bitch Planet #5
  • Gotham Academy #9-10
  • Jem and the Holograms #5-6
  • Lumberjanes #18
I'm also jonesing to try Zombillenium from Scribd since Sharlene from Olduvai Reads mentioned it!


In the short story department, I'm itching to read some scaries from American Supernatural Tales.

I also want to finish or dip into: 
  • Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews (almost done)
  • The Good House by Tananarive Due (maybe my #Diversiverse pick)
  • At the Mouth of the River of Bees by Kij Johnson





16 comments:

  1. I would love to read it only for an hour this weekend! I've been so strapped for time lately. Sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. I hope you can sneak some in!

      Delete
  2. Yay reading!! I need to make my list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wheeee! I bet you have some great stuff on your list.

      Delete
  3. I might jump on in if the mood strikes this weekend! I do plan to get some reading time in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck! I hope you can join even if it's just for a bit.

      Delete
  4. Hope you like Zombillenium!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't gotten to it yet. Got caught up in Terry Pratchett, but it's still on my list!

      Delete
  5. AAAAAAGGHHHH!! Too much going on, Andi .... I'm in the throes of #Bloggiesta!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you had a great time reading this weekend! I can't wait to get my RIP reading going. I'm a bit behind but will join soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you are having a great readathon reading going on. I need to catch up with the Lumberjanes books - it's such a fun series!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you are having a blast!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik