Monday, October 05, 2015

Behind the Scenes at the Readathon, Part 2!

We're behind! Woooo! That seems to be a theme.

Heather and I both being busy with work, we remain behind...but maybe not tooooo far? Maybe.

Fleshing out our co-host list so we have 24hourreadathon.com covered all 24 hours of the 'thon!

Fleshing out our mini-challenge list with a direct email to everyone who volunteered for that job in hopes of filling spots quickly and efficiently!

Direct emails to publishers, book websites, subscription boxes, tea companies, comics sites, and others to try and wrangle up some prizes. 

Employing some Twitter helpers with fresh things to say for the next week and a half to help get everyone hyped up.

Pulling together a list of warm-up post contributors to fill in content for the week leading up to the 'thon.

Goodreads group is all squared away with guest hosts. Now, to get them some mini-challenges!

Updated all the forms we need including the Books Read Database, Prize Donor form, Mini-Challenge form. Shit! I just remembered a form I forgot! 

Updated the hourly template in Wordpress. We pre-write the repetitive portions of our hourly posts like mini-challenges going on that hour, where to claim prizes, where to buy swag, etc. Then the hosts can go fill in their original content and prize winners later.
Heather is busy doing even more things with swag, cheerleading teams, Twitter lists, and all sorts of things that are slipping my mind right now. Go give her a hug!

8 comments:

  1. I think I might be able to participate this year! Where can I find the exact times, etc.?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, Rhiannon! It starts at 7am US Central time. If you need me to translate that to an international time for you, I'd be happy to do it.

      Delete
    2. Nope. I'm EST so it'll be 8A for me. I've got it in my planner. Is there a master post with rules/suggestions I can refer to? Do I need to "check in" anywhere?

      Delete
    3. Great! 24HourReadathon.com has READER sign ups linked on the right side-bar. There are also some pages of FAQ and whatnot to orient yourself. :)

      Delete
  2. Wow. And this is why the two of you deserve a huge prize for hosting this event!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah, we realized we'd never written down what we do. Might be a good idea if we ever decide to pass it on or anything happened to us.

      Delete
  3. I've said it before and I'll say it again ... and again ... and again. ROCKSTARS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks. We have it down to an autopilot system now. lol

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik