Monday, October 12, 2015

It's Monday! What Are YOU Reading? Week of Oct. 12, 2015

It was a very bookish weekend indeed. Hubs was out of town for a rock show (not to be confused with a rock 'n' roll show). Kiddo was visiting his dad's house. All I really had to do was go to a wedding on Saturday night, so I spent the majority of my day with my nose in books. MULTIPLE ones!

 

First I polished off A Piece of Mine: Stories by J. California Cooper. Expect a review of this one tomorrow for #Diversiverse! 

I also sped through Lily Tuck's I Married You for Happiness, a short novel about a woman, Nina, who sits vigil at her dead husband's bedside overnight and reminisces on their marriage. Can't wait to review this one, too. 

I also started...


#GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso, found of Nasty Gal, which was originally a vintage ebay store and quickly grew into an online retailer of vintage and designer clothing. Amoruso is candid about her less-than-stellar background (shoplifting, failed attempts at school, dumpster diving). She's also really candid about the says that she found a living she loved and stuck with it, gave it everything she had. There's much to be admired in that. I'm going to spend the rest of my lunch hour seeing how much of this I can read!

Finally...


I'm still reading The Quick by Lauren Owen for our RIPX readalong. I sat on the porch at a remote mountain cabin last weekend and polished off about 170 pages in one go. I really like it, and it'll get my focus for the rest of the week so I can hopefully finish it off in time for Readathon

What are you reading? 






8 comments:

  1. That sounds like a really lovely weekend. Two bookish weekends in a row - hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to read your review of JCC's book. I haven't read any of her stuff since college, I think. So yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lovely weekend! I am very curious now about I married you for happiness. Will look for your review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like an ideal weekend!
    Wish I could have fit The Quick into my reading schedule this month..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great weekend, but I'm sure you're glad to have your guys back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like some great reading! I have The Quick but only picked it up once and I was kind of in a mood so it didn't grab me. I look forward to seeing what you think of it. Enjoy your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you're on a roll! Can't wait to see what you thought of Lily Tuck - I read that one a few Readathons ago.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh - sounds like a delightful weekend! I think it'll be a few more years before I get one of those. The Lily Tuck book has me intrigued.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik