1. What are you reading right now? Still reading The Quick. It "stuck" better than Warm Bodies. I've read about 100 pages of it, plus 50 of Warm Bodies, so not too bad for me on a busy readathon day. I'll probably switch to Jem and the Holograms comics later.
2. How many books have you read so far?
No whole! Two partial.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? See above. Jem is truly outrageous.
4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
Yeahhh, stopped to eat, visited with my mom, and I did some prize wrangling. I still need to CHEER!
5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
How quickly it's going!
David crock-potted some salisbury steak for dinner and we paired it with mashed potatoes and spicy pickled okra. That pumpkin pecan cobbler up there was dessert...with ice cream, of course!
How does it go so fast? I spent the morning cheering, Tweeting, keeping up with prizes and the other things that go along with Readathon. I also stole away for a meal of fajita breakfast tacos and a power nap, and now I've spent some time with Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion AND The Quick by Lauren Owen. So far I'm getting on better with The Quick, so I'm rolling with it! Just wish this didn't-get-enough-sleep headache would go away! There may be more napping in my future.
|My view for the morning. Spreadsheets and more spreadsheets.|
Whew! Got some coffee in me, and all is right with the world. Unfortunately the initial permalink to the Reading Rainbow Challenge was broken this morning, but Heather and another wonderful helper (Kerry!) helped run through ALL 24 HOURLY POSTS and update the links right quick. Readathon is so much easier with enthusiastic volunteers. We love you!
|Me, owling the coffee this morn.|
Pre-Readathon (3:30 a.m. to 6 a.m.): Woke up way too early, but I'm stoked! We're hovering on the edge of 1,900 readers, so I know we're going over!
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
Northeast of Dallas, Texas out in the sticks! My kiddo is at his dad's house for the weekend so we can throwdown with reading. My husband is watching from the sidelines and not even weirded out by the whole thing. I've been doing this so long he's used to it. My four dogs think it's a little weird. :)
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
So many choices! I'm definitely looking forward to reading more of The Quick by Lauren Owen and working through some shorties like my Jem and the Holograms single-issue comics and the annual.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
Pumpkin cheesecake cookies! Thank you, Amanda!
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
I host this thing along with Heather from Capricious Reader, and we live together on Facebook messenger. We also enlist hundreds of volunteers, and I like guacamole.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
Take a nap!