Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Andi's Just For Fun Birthday Blogger Awards

This past week I was reminded of just how much I cherish the friends I've made here on the bookternet because in my experience they transfer seamlessly to in-person, real life.

I can't even tell you how much fun I had with Amanda, Amanda, and Trish this past week or how much time we spent talking about other bloggers we love, wishing they were here with us to enjoy great company, great food, and every kind of talk...from books to tawdry (hilarious) stories.

I've been thinking a lot about you all lately. About how much you mean to me, and how much I value your friendship, so I want to give away some virtual hugs and love on my 35th birthday. I have a great family, my husband is amazing, and my son is the light of my life. And you all are just as real to me as they are...a highlight of my every day.

The Awards...

"On Fleek" - Amanda from Fig and Thistle. You rock that wardrobe. From your blue-green hair, to your beauty mark piercing, to your zombie librarian tattoo and your Modcloth awesomeness. You are my style heroine.

"Happy, Happy Joy" - Katie from Words for Worms, you are bottled sunshine. Every email, Facebook message, Tweet, and postcard is a jolt of greatness.

"Supportive Like a Boss" - Michelle from That's What She Read is always ready to jump in, tell a girl when she's kickass, and give some support during the iffy moments. You have no idea how much I appreciate your direct messages on Twitter.

"You Never Have to Talk to the Void" - Kathy from BermudaOnion is the best commenter in the blogosphere. You are never typing to yourself with her around. Thank you, thank you. You inspire me to be better at this.

"I Wanna Write Like" - Shannon from RiverCityReading. So. Many. Great. Ideas. Her blog topics always thrill and delight me.

"You Intimidated Me For the Longest Time But You're Hella Cool" - Kerry from Entomology of a Bookworm. Smart, a great writer, and super duper nice. Thank you for your bookishly awesome friendship and for being my Readathon prize wrangling partner in crime.

"Reader Who Doesn't Blog But Is a Consistent Part of the Community" - Susan from TX! I'm looking at you! Thank you for being here even though you may not be blogging yourself. You totally should, tho. Just sayin'. :)

"Community Builder Extraordinaire" - Becca from I'm Lost in Books is all over the place! Whether she's hosting an event by herself, moderating a group, participating in the latest challenge, or sharing a link roundup, she is the embodiment of what makes book blogging a blast to be a part of.

"It's About Time" - Nancy from Bookfoolery and I finally met after more than a decade of knowing each other, and it was nothing short of delightful to eat messy shrimp and crawfish with you and your husband and to frolic in your library. Les from Prairie Horizons, I'm coming for you next.

"Soulmate Sista" - Heather, we share a brain. That's both scary and comforting. Here's to decades more friendship.

Finally, the silliest award of them all, but totally deserved. Simon of Savidge Reads wins "Best Sheets in the Bookiverse." If you don't believe me, go check out his IG.

I could think up new awards to give each and every one of you because you each mean something different and special to me. Watch for your name here in the future, kids. You never know when it's coming.









49 comments:

  1. This is awesome! And - you've also given me a bunch of new to me blogs to check out...thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh - and happy birthday!! How could I forget that?!

      Delete
    2. Oh good! I love enabling people to follow new blogs! I've been on the hunt to add to my own reader, so I'm glad to share the love.

      Delete
  2. I'm normally just a reader of your blog, not a commenter (by the time I read your posts there are always so many comments already that there is not much left to say). But, right now, things look pretty open around here, and I want to wish you a Happy Birthday! Love this post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you, Naomi! I would love to see your comments any time. Thank you for taking time out to read and to wish me a happy birthday. :)

      Delete
  3. When I started blogging I had no idea I would meet so many awesome people! Thanks for the shout out! I hope your birthday rocks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank youuuu! So far, so good!

      Delete
  4. Love this list of fabulous people! From those I know, it's all very deserving. Amanda is totally on fleek with her style. Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't she??? Thank you, Jenna!

      Delete
  5. Love ya Soulmate Sista!! I hope you have the bestest best birthday ever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bwahahahahaha! Oh my gosh, Andi, I love you so so so much. I'm laughing really hard because my teen angst self would have been shocked to have received such an award. I hope you have the BEST birthday and I hope it involves rainbow cupcakes. Or any cupcakes, really. Is it too early for a cupcake?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is NEVER too early for a cupcake! Rainbow or otherwise! I've had one shot of buttercream today with many more to come. And we all went through that teen angsty phase. Mine actually hit in my mid-20s.

      Delete
  7. Aw, thank you, girl!! I love supporting other women in business and achieving their dreams. And I know firsthand how necessary it is to have someone available to help talk you off the ledge when things get iffy in the workplace. Plus, you inspire me with your fierceness and unwillingness to take shit from anyone. You are such a role model for me.

    I wish you the happiest of happy birthdays and of all the days to come as they are filled with lots of love and laughter and success. Love you girl! So proud to call you a friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, you're gonna make me tear up! Yep, there I go! So many hugs for you, my friend!

      Delete
  8. Happy Birthday! I'm sure the blogosphere could come up with lots of awards for you, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you. :DDD

      Delete
    2. Like "Easiest to Talk To"! That's the award I would give you.

      Delete
  9. Awwww, and lately I've been thinking what an "awful" reader/commenter I've been because I haven't been online as much. A big THANK YOU to you and all the bloggers above who continue to build the book blogging community. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all go through those peaks and valleys. I'm just glad to know you, and we are SO getting together one of these days, yes?!

      Delete
  10. Happy Birthday!!! I was so thrilled when I got to first meet you....you are an inspiration to me, your longevity in this community and your desire to keep it going! I hope your day is awesome....eat CAKE!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anita! I can't wait to visit with you again when you're in the area. Cake has been HAD! :D

      Delete
  11. Aw, thank you so much! (Am I really intimidating? You're not the first person to tell me so!)

    It's been so great to get to know you over the years. Wishing you the HAPPIEST OF HAPPY birthdays and an even better year to follow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, you've linked to some new-to-me bloggers to add to my roles... so thank you for that, too!

      Delete
    2. Grr... rolls, not roles.

      Delete
    3. It's not that YOU are actually intimidating, but you appear so together. You read great books, write about them so wonderfully, and your blog has always been stunningly put together. All great things!

      Delete
    4. Me? Put together? That'll be the day. Just keeping up appearances, apparently ;-) Thanks--and happy birthday again!

      Delete
  12. So much happy-blog-time!! Love you, Andi and it was so nice to meet you in person! :) Once again, happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Amanda! I can't wait for us to get together again!

      Delete
  13. Love this... Happy Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy birthday!
    Those awards are awesome! And yes - new blogs for me to check out! I agree with you about Simon's sheets - they are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He told me the secret of where to buy the sheets! I shall have some, even though there will be international shipping. lol

      Delete
  15. Happy, happy birthday! I love that you've made today all about sharing the love.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aw, you're the best, lady. Such a great way to brighten up everyone else's day on your big day. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank YOU for always being an inspiration.

      Delete
  17. I love this post so much. Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Shannon DOES have such amazing blog topic ideas. All these bloggers are marvelous, and so are you! Happy birthday, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so amazing!!! Happy Birthday to you, and thank YOU for being so awesome yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happiest of Birthdays! We are Scorpio sisters! Mine is next week :)

    Thank you so so much for your sweet words, Andi! I am so humbled. I do love this community! You guys kinda rock, you know! :D

    You really nailed everyone here. Kathy is the best commenter in the WORLD, right? And she's seemingly everywhere! I don't know how she does it. And, yes, Katie is a bubbly delight! And Shannon does have the best ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great post and shout out to a lot of my favorite bloggers, too! Hope your birthday was extra special, Andi!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You have been getting creative with your posts lately! I love this and have lots of new-to-me bloggers to visit :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik