Thursday, November 12, 2015

Five For the Wishlist (And Only One Book Thing)

My husband and I have come to an understanding when it comes to gifts. He wants a list to choose from and so do I, otherwise I typically end up giving him Audible credits time and again. I keep three wishlists on Elfster: one for books, one for makeup, and one for miscellaneous cute things. Here are a few items I've had my eyeballs on just for fun.


I'm in love with all things fox. I'm still in love with owls, mind you, but my affinity for woodland creatures just seems to keep on growing. Incidentally, my hometown mascot is the fox, so I feel a little cheesy from time to time, but I just can't deny my love for these cuties. This print from TinyKiwiPrints Etsy shop is perfection if you ask me.



I'm not big on candy dishes, but I'm convinced I'd be the coolest girl in school with this quirky receptacle on my desk. It's the Unzipped Glass Zipper Bag from UncommonGoods.


I don't usually fall in for designer jewelry, but these Kendra Scott rose gold drusy earrings have been screaming my name for ages. I love all things blush, nude, and rose gold, and these earrings are just so perfectly blingy.



And speaking of rose gold, I'm dying for the Get Paid rose gold gel eyeliner pencil from Colourpop. I hear they're great quality and will last all day. Totally worth $5. P.S. It's the second set of samples from the left. They sell a gel creme liner pot, and a pencil, and I'm definitely more of a pencil gal. 



And now the bookish thing! I've ordered my very first Landfall Freight box, and I already have a sneaking suspicion I'm going to want more! If you're not familiar, this is a subscription box of comics, graphic novels, zines, and other goodies that are female-focused.

What do you have your eyeballs on lately? 





23 comments:

  1. Uncommon Good is so fun. I always find stuff there that I would never have thought to look for!

    Here's to hoping your hubby gets you all of this great stuff for Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!!! They open a Pandora's Box of want every time I visit. And I find so many things I want to buy for gifts.

      Delete
  2. LOVE that candy dish... must check lout Uncommon Goods!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it the best? So simple but so clever.

      Delete
  3. We're big on lists too. I tend to do more general categories but my husband does specifics and it definitely works the best. I've been in a fox mood too. I've seen a few sweaters with foxes and it's turned into a mission to track one down! I love the print. The candy dish is fantastic! I love Uncommon Goods! Fabulous list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a fox sweater last year that I LOOOOOVED and it came nearly apart in one day. Needless to say, I returned it...heartbroken. Maybe this year!

      Delete
  4. Carl has a gift giving disability so struggles even when he has a list. A lot of times, I buy my own gifts or go with him to buy them. I ALWAYS have my eye on jewelry and right now I have my eye on a purse or two as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Nothing wrong with that method! Love jewelry and purses, but I've gotten to accustomed to cross-body bags that I can't go back, and I'm fairly picky about those.

      Delete
  5. I never really thought of keeping track of the things I'm eyeing - but I don't buy a whole lot. I do need a new wool/Pea coat so I've been keeping my eye out for something that's in a funky color and 3/4 length and comes with a fur hood if possible - winters are no joke in the Mid-West! ANd randomly, I want some vintage scarves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need a new coat, too. I pulled mine out for a good wash last weekend and it's not looking so great. I hope you find a great one, and vintage scarves are always fun!

      Delete
  6. Yep. I'll take one of each.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Elfster is new to me. I must check it out.

    You have some good stuff on here. My husband and I do not buy gifts for each other and it sucks. I mean, we say we will but December is a bad month for us. Property taxes, registration for both cars, renewals for gyms, auto club and the like. I hate that we didn't time those things better. So in the end we end up not buying for each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lot of fun. It's really for organizing swaps and Secret Santa, but it works great for wishlists, too.

      Delete
  8. I like this idea. Whenever someone asks me, I can never think of anything I want until it is too late.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the candy dish (especially with the jelly beans inside it)!
    I have my eye on the goodies over at Vellum and Bloom.
    http://www.vellumandbloom.com/#aboutnav

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE that candy dish! And I prefer owls to foxes, but that print....CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That candy dish is amazing. Love it.

    All I want for Christmas is a decent purse. Cross body style, preferably in black and white. All I want.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Uncommon Goods rocks! And the Landfall Freight box looks amazing. I'll have to keep an eye on their future boxes and see what sort of things they pick out each month. I can think of several people on my Christmas list who might like that!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that candy dish - how clever!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun candy dish!! And those earrings are gorgeous. Hmm, wonder if my daughter would like those for her birthday... she is impossible to buy for!

    Two fun sites for gift ideas that I've recently discovered are Scoutmob and The Grommet. I could spend hours perusing their merchandise!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik